One Billion Rising is a worldwide movement that raises awareness about violence against women and girls. At Otterbein, Cardinals will rise to end violence against women, girls, men and boys of every race, culture and identity. Otterbein will host its One Billion Rising Week on February 7 & 10-14, during which students will have the opportunity to get involved in discussions focused on a wide variety of topics. All events are free. For more information, please contact Katelyn Hanzel (firstname.lastname@example.org
), Tammy Birk (email@example.com
), or Suzanne Ashworth (firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feb. 7: Project Unbreakable - Presentation and discussion with founders Grace Brown & Kaelyn Siversky. 7:30 p.m. in Towers 112. Photoshoot and reception to follow in Towers 110.
- Feb. 10: Team Consent - "Campus Conversation on Consent." 4 p.m. in Towers 110.
- Feb. 11: BRAVO (Buckeye Region Anti-Violence Organization) - "Violence Advocacy and Prevention in the LGBTQI Community." Presentation and discussion by Lauren MacDade from BRAVO. 4 p.m. in Towers 110. Co-sponsored by Free Zone.
- Feb. 12: Purple Lotus Project - "Domestic Abuse and the care of Companion Animals." Presentation and discussion with Geri Cahill-Miller, founder and director. 4 p.m. in the Chapel. Co-sponsored by Otterbein Animal Coalition.
- Feb. 13: Men of OBR (One Billion Rising)- presentation and talk back. 4 p.m. in Towers 110. Co-sponsored by Men of Vision. Audience restricted to men only.
- Feb. 14: Otterbein Rising: Dance mob and spoken word. 3:30 p.m. on the Campus Center steps.
- Feb. 14: Free Your Body: an open movement class. 4:30 p.m. in Battelle Dance Studio. Suggested donation of $5. All proceeds to benefit the Women's Fund of Central Ohio.