facebook twitter flickr you tube pinterest

Non-Degree Programs

Photo of a teacher sitting beside lots of books in a classroom

Add an Endorsement to Innovate your Teaching Practice

  • Reading Endorsement

  • TESOL Endorsement

  • Early Childhood 4-5 Generalist

  • Middle Childhood 4-6 Generalist

Add a License for more Teaching opportunities

  • Intervention Specialist PK-3

  • Early Childhood Teaching License

  • Middle Childhood Teaching License

  • Adolescence to Young Adult Teaching License

  • Multi-age Teaching License

  • K-12 Intervention Specialist License

Take Courses To Renew Your License

As you renew your license, you may be able to take coursework to add an additional license or endorsement. Check with the Ohio Department of Education for your personal renewal requirements. Contact Amy Featherstone, Graduate Education Advisor at 614.823.3271, to determine the best classes for your professional development needs.

Application Process

Applicants who hold a current or expired teaching certificate/license may enroll on a non-degree basis. Applicants may take up to 12 semester hours of graduate education credit and unlimited undergraduate credit hours. If an applicant already has a Master's degree they make take an unlimited number of graduate courses.

To take courses for licensure renewal, to add an endorsement, a new licensure area, complete the following steps:

  • Apply online
  • Provide evidence of a current or expired state issued teaching certificate or license. Applicants with a non-Ohio license must provide a copy of their license and an official copy of their transcript showing the receipt of a bachelor's degree.
  • Interview with the Graduate Education Advisor
  • Before formal credential review, applicants must provide official transcripts from their degree granting undergraduate institution and the institution where their teaching license was awarded.  Transcripts will also be needed for any coursework that will be transferred to Otterbein.

Masters +
Applicants who wish to enroll to earn credit hours beyond their Master's degree must provide an official transcript documenting completion of their Master's degree. In order to be considered official, the transcript must be sent directly from the issuing institution to the Graduate School.

Initial Licensure programs at Otterbein

For applicants who have a bachelor's degree but do not have a license to teach, Otterbein University offers the Post- Baccalaureate teacher licensure programs in Early Childhood, Middle Childhood, Adolescence to Young Adult, or Multi-Age groups.  Visit our Post- Baccalaureate webpage. The Master of Arts in Teaching programs offer a graduate route to initial licensure in Middle Childhood or Intervention Specialist.

/ The Graduate School

The Graduate School is located in Roush Hall, room 208.

Office Hours
M-F: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm

p/ 614.823.3210
e/ grad@otterbein.edu

/ Graduate Education Personnel

K. Daniel Cho, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Director of Graduate Programs
p/ 614.823.1452
e/ DCho@otterbein.edu

Gaby Miller

Graduate Education Recruiter/Counselor MAT/initial licensure
p/ 614.823.1346
e/ gmiller@otterbein.edu

Amy Featherstone
Graduate Education Recruiter/Counselor MAE, Educational Mathematics, Adding License, Professional Development
p/ 614.823.3271
e/ afeatherstone@otterbein.edu

M. Michelle Fosnaugh
Graduate Assistant
e/ margaret.fosnaugh@otterbein.edu