Executive Guest Lecture Series
Diversity and Inclusion in Healthcare: a Leadership Perspective
Thursday, March 23, 2017
Roush Hall, Room 114 and Fisher Gallery.
A reception starts at 6 p.m. and the presentation at 6:30 p.m. The event is free and open to the public; however, registration is limited to 100 people. Register online.
Diversity and inclusion are significant topics of discussion in healthcare delivery today. To help understand the significance, a panel of healthcare executives will explore the issues from the perspective of their organizations, their professions, the communities they serve and professional backgrounds.
Panelists will include:
Unhee Kim, MBA, RN, NEA-BC, President, Mount Carmel St. Ann’s Hospital
Jean Halpin, MHS, OTR/L,President, OhioHealth Mansfield & Shelby Hospitals
Greg Morrison, MD, MBA, Vice President, Educational Partnerships, Professional Diversity OhioHealth.
Past Graduate Symposium Series
- Fall 2014 - Elizabeth Lessner on restaurants, downtown development, and environmental initiatives
- Spring 2014 – Tracey Wilen, Society 3.0
- Fall 2013 – Catherine Woltering, The Madoff Ponzi Scheme
- Spring 2013 - Robert Fefferman, A Journey into Infinity
- Fall, 2012 –Panel - The Changing Faces of Central Ohio
- Spring, 2012 – Panel - The Many Faces of Social Justice
- Fall, 2011 – Panel - How to go Faster than the Speed of Change
- Spring 2011 – Panel - What Makes a Highly Effective Teacher and Why?
History of the Symposium
The Graduate School Symposium Series provokes new thought, stimulates engaging conversations, and promotes collaborations through talks on varied tops of interest. Topic areas range from education, health care, change management, technology innovations, commerce, creative arts, and social justice. The Graduate School Symposium Series facilitates the exchange of ideas and knowledge among faculty, graduate students, and the public.
Formal question-and-answer sessions allow deeper inquiry into the session topic. An informal reception allows time for private conversation among attendees and with presenters.