Department of Health and Sport Sciences
B.A. Biology, College of Wooster, 1978
M.A. Exercise Science, Michigan State University, 1979
Ph.D. Physical Education, The Ohio State University, 1994
Professional Affiliations and Awards
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certified Personal Trainer and Certified Health Fitness Specialist.
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) Certified Personal Trainer and Certified Strength and/Conditioning Specialist, Tactical Strength and Conditioning Facilitor.
- Fischer, K. and Walter, T. and Matovich, J. (April 2011). Exercise Technique: Reverse Lunge into a Step-Up. Strength and Conditioning Journal, 33, (2), 92-94.
- Walter, T., Quint, A., Fischer, K, & Kiger, J. (March, 2011). Active Movement Warm-up Routines. The Journal of Physical Education, Recreation, & Dance, 82 (3), 23-31.
- Fischer, K. and Rammelsberg, A. (February 2011). Prone Torso Rotation Exercise Using a Stability Ball. Strength and Conditioning Journal, 33, (1), 68-69.
- Fischer, K. and Rammelsberg, A. (April 2010). Alternating Inchworm and Pike from a Plank Exercise Using a Stability Ball. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Journal, 32,(2) 81-82.
- Fischer, K. and Walter, T. and Matovich, J. (December 2010). A Conditioning Program for Skill Positions Using Lunge Variations. American Football Monthly, 16, (7), 10-11.