Department of Mathematical Sciences
University of Minnesota / Ph.D. / 2003
University of Chicago / B.A. / 1996
Research and Teaching Interests
Harmonic Analysis: Specifically, the Fourier transform, singular integrals, and weighted inequalities
Professional Affiliations and Awards
University of Minnesota / Ph.D. / 2003 University of Chicago / B.A. / 1996 Harmonic Analysis: Specifically, the Fourier transform, singular integrals, and weighted inequalities
- Member of the American Mathematics Society
- University of Minnesota Good Teaching Award
- Westinghouse (Intel) Science Talent Search Scholar, Semifinalist
- A Formula for the Fourier transform of certain odd, differentiable functions. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications. Vol. 285 (2003), 349--355.
- Atomic Hardy space theory for unbounded singular integrals. Indiana University Mathematics Journal. Vol. 55 (2006), 1461--1482.
- Extrapolation of operators defined on domains and boundary respecting Ap weights. Contemporary Mathematics Series of the American Mathematics Society. Vol 428 (2007), 23--31.
- A pointwise estimate for the Fourier transform and the number of maxima of a function. (Awaiting Print Publication. Published Electronically on April 6, 2011. doi:10.4153/CMB-2011-062-x April 6, 2011).
- Symmetric conditions for a weighted Fourier transform inequality. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications. Vol 379 (2011), 439--443.
Dr. Berndt's personal site is here.