Hillary Warren, Ph.D.
33 Collegeview, C127
- University of Texas at Austin, Ph.D.
Research & Teaching Interests
- Media Law, particularly intellectual property law and public records law
- Database reporting techniques
- Student media and free speech
- Digital analytics and news audience measurement
Affiliations & Awards
- Member, College Media Advisers Hall of Fame Committee
- Chair, Student Press Law Center Advisory Council Steering Committee
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association Law and Media Committee
Dr. Warren teaches newswriting, reporting, media law and investigative journalism. She advises the award-winning student news website, otterbein360.com, and co-advises the student magazine, t&c, with The Columbus Dispatch reporter Mike Wagner. Dr. Warren’s research involves various intersections of the media, industry and the law, including the intersection of antitrust and copyright. Her students have been recognized with the national Holland Award and the regional SPJ First Amendment Award for pursuing a multi-year legal battle to obtain university police records