Kay Ball, PhD, RN, CNOR FAAN
Roush Hall 411
- Virginia Commonwealth Universty, PhD, 2009;
- Central Michigan University, MSA, 1987
- Otterbein University, BSN, 1983
- Columbus State Community College, ADN,1974.
Research & Teaching Interests
- Compliance with surgical smoke evacuation recommendations
- perioperative nursing
- legislative activities
- Ball, K, Endoscopic Surgery, 1997, St. Louis, C. V. Mosby, Inc.
- Ball, K, Lasers in the OR, 1988, Thorofare, NJ, SLACK, Inc.
- Ball, K, Lasers: The Perioperative Challenge, 3rd edition, 2004, Denver, AORN, Inc. (also author of 1st and 2nd editions)
- Ball, K, “Surgical modalities,” in: Alexander's Care of the Patient in Surgery, 14th ed., 2011, Rothrock, J, (ed), St. Louis, C. V. Mosby, Inc. (have written this chapter for 9th - 14th editions).
- Ball, K, “Transition into PACU from OR,” in: The Post Anesthesia Care Unit, 4th ed, 2007, Cecil Drain & Jan Odom-Forren (eds), Philadelphia, WB Saunders.
- Ball, K, “Hazards from Surgical Smoke: Decreasing Your Risk,” in Perioperative Safety, 2010, Donna Watson (ed), St. Louis, Mosby Elsevier. Author of over 100 articles and editorials.
Affiliations & Awards
- March 1982 Resolution authored by the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons recognized Kay Ball’s pioneering efforts.
Personal Note to Students
Share your knowledge! Learn how to write compelling articles and give powerful presentations so you can share what you have learned academically.