Rebecca White, M.F.A.
Associate Professor, Costume Designer, Design/Tech. Recruiting Officer
Theatre and Dance
Cowan Hall 13A
- MFA Costume Design/Technology, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities 2005
- BA Theatre Design and Performance, University of Wisconsin, LaCrosse 2001
Research & Teaching Interests
- Costume History
- Stage Makeup
- Costume Design
- Costume Technology
Affiliations & Awards
- Member of United States Institute for Theatre Technology
- Designed the costumes for numerous productions at Otterbein, St. Cloud State University, The Minnesota Centennial Showboat, Theatre L'Homme Dieu, Park Square Theatre
- Assisted on productions at the Milwaukee Rep, Penumbra Theatre Company, and the Trinity Rep
Rebecca White is originally from Minnesota and joined the faculty at Otterbein in the fall of 2007. Rebecca works primarily with students in the BFA Design Technology program and teaches courses in costume history, design, crafts, and makeup. Part of Rebecca's work is modeling professional practice by designing the costumes for 2-4 productions each school year, with students as collaborators, research assistants, wardrobe, and technologists who make the costumes. Rebecca is a member of the Otterbein Senate and serves the Theatre & Dance department by holding the position of DT Recruitment Officer. As a recruiter, Rebecca travels to Nebraska each summer to meet over 4,000 high school theatre students, as well as hosting visiting students on campus. Previous to Otterbein, Rebecca's costume work has been shown at The Santa Fe Opera, Theatre LaHomme Dieu, The Minnesota Centennial Showboat, The Milwaukee Rep, Park Square Theatre, Trinity Repertory Theater, and others.