Otterbein University Theatre opens 2011-2012 season with "August: Osage County"
September 14, 2011
Westerville, OH—Otterbein University Theatre opens its 2011-2012 season with the area premiere of Tracy Letts’ 2008 Tony Award-winning drama August: Osage County at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 29; 2 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 2; and 8 p.m. on Sept. 30, Oct. 1 and Oct. 6-8 at the Fritsche Theatre at Cowan Hall, 30 S. Grove St. Tickets cost $25. Call 614-823-1109 or visit www.otterbein.edu/artscene.
August: Osage County is the story of a vanished father, a pill-popping mother and three sisters harboring shady little secrets. When the large Weston family unexpectedly reunites after Dad disappears, their Oklahoman family homestead explodes in a maelstrom of repressed truths and unsettling secrets. Mix in Violet, the drugged-up, scathingly acidic matriarch, and you’ve got a major new play that unflinchingly—and uproariously—exposes the dark side of the Midwestern American family.
Otterbein’s production of August: Osage County will feature a combination of Otterbein faculty, local professional actors and students of Otterbein University’s acting and musical theatre programs. The production will be directed by Dennis Romer, and will include faculty members Christina Kirk as Violet, the sharp-tongued matriarch with an addiction to pills, and Melissa Lusher as her daughter, Barbara. Guest Equity Artists include David Combs as Beverly, the alcoholic patriarch, Geoff Nelson as Charlie Aiken, Violet’s brother-in-law, and Jonathan Putnam as Barbara’s husband, Bill.
Tickets for August: Osage County are $25 each and can be reserved by calling the Otterbein University box office at (614) 823-1109. The box office is open 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and one hour prior to performances. Student Rush discounts are available one hour prior to curtain, pending ticket availability. The box office is located in Cowan Hall, 30 S. Grove St., Westerville.
Otterbein University Theatre presents:
August: Osage County
By Tracy Letts
September 29-October 2, October 6-8, 2011 Fritsche Theatre at Cowan Hall, 30. S Grove St., Westerville
- Director: Dennis Romer
- Scenic Designer: Rob Johnson
- Costume Designer: Rebecca White
- Lighting Designer: Jacob Ramey
- Sound Designer: Dave Mead
Featuring Guest Artists:
- Beverly Weston........... David Combs (AEA Member)
- Violet Weston........... Christina Kirk (Otterbein Faculty Member)
- Barbara Fordham........... Melissa Lusher (Otterbein Faculty Member)
- Bill Fordham........... Jonathan Putnam (AEA Member)
- Charlie Aiken........... Geoff Nelson (AEA Member)
Otterbein Student Cast Members:
- Mattie Fae Aiken........... Lauren Friednash
- Jean Fordham........... Lili Froehlich
- Ivy Weston........... Mirie Ben-Tzur
- Karen Weston........... Corinne Munsch
- Little Charles Aiken........... Adam Schalter
- Johnna Monevata........... Marina Pires
- Steve Heidebrecht........... Evan Zimmerman
- Sheriff Deon Gilbeau........... Jake Robinson
Thursday, Sept. 29 / 7:30 p.m. / Cowan Hall, 30 S. Grove St., Westerville ###
Friday, Sept. 30 / 8:00 p.m. / Cowan Hall, 30 S. Grove St., Westerville
Saturday, Oct. 1 / 8:00 p.m. / Cowan Hall, 30 S. Grove St., Westerville
Sunday, Oct. 2 / 2:00 p.m. / Cowan Hall, 30 S. Grove St., Westerville
Thursday, Oct. 6 / 8:00 p.m. / Cowan Hall, 30 S. Grove St., Westerville
Friday, Oct. 7 / 8:00 p.m. / Cowan Hall, 30 S. Grove St., Westerville
Saturday, Oct. 8 / 8:00 p.m. / Cowan Hall, 30 S. Grove St., Westerville