Otterbein Community Celebrates the Holiday Season
November 18, 2011
Westerville, OH— It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. Jack Frost has started to nip at noses, Christmas shopping has started, and Otterbein University is kicking off the season with its annual Christmas Tree Lighting and Thanksgiving Dinner Feast on Friday, Dec. 2, beginning at 5:30 p.m. A canned food drive at both the Tree Lighting and the Dinner will benefit Westerville Area Resource Ministry (WARM).
Otterbein president Kathy Krendl will illuminate the official Otterbein University Christmas Tree on Towers Hall lawn, 1 S. Grove St. The tradition of a Christmas tree lighting ceremony began at Otterbein in 1961.
Event details are as follows:
5:30 p.m. Tree Lighting on Towers Plaza, 1 S. Grove St.
- Music and carols
- Holiday message by Chaplain Monty Bradley
- Tree Lighting by President Kathy Krendl
- Visit from Santa
- Candy canes from the Campus Programming Board
- Canned food drive
6 p.m. Holiday Feast in the Campus Center, 100 W. Home St.
- Photos with Santa
- Activities for children
- Canned food drive
- Bookstore open until 8:30, get 20% off purchases of $50 or more on regular-price clothing and gifts
- DINNER: $10 general, $4 for ages 4-10, free for age 3 or younger. (Dinner is included with meal plan for Otterbein students.) Tickets can be purchased in advance at the Campus Center Office, Office of Human Resources, Office of the President or online through the Office of Alumni Relations at www.otterbein.edu/alumni. A limited number of tickets will be available at the door.
For more information, contact Assistant Director of Wellness Matthew D’Oyly at (614) 823-1250 or firstname.lastname@example.org
/ Office of Marketing and Communications
The Office of Marketing and Communications is located at 141 W. Park St. Office Hours
M-F: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
M-F: 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (summer) Contact
p / 614.823.1600
f / 614.823.1360
Director of Marketing and Communications
p / 614.823.1284
e / email@example.com
/ See also... Read Towers magazine online