Departmental Consultations and Workshops
< Back to Consulting Services
Departments may request facilitated conversations about disciplinary teaching issues or the development or revision of curricula; customized workshops on a particular topic; or assistance in designing approaches to assess student learning in the discipline.
- "Constructing Better Multiple Choice Questions,"
Department of Nursing, April 24, 2009
- "Collaborative Learning"
Department of Business, Accounting and Economics," November 2005
- "Administrative Portfolio Development for Student Affairs Professionals,"
Student Affairs, July 16, 2004
- "Who are our students?"
Music Department, September 4, 2003
Curriculum Revision/Semester Conversion
- Department of Psychology, September 2009
- Department of Religion and Philosophy, May 2009
- Department of English, August 21-22, 2008
Assessment of Student Learning
Cooperatively with the chairperson and/or faculty and/or the Director for Institutional Research and Effectiveness, the CTL can help departments collect information about student learning that is useful for making evidence-based decisions about departmental offerings.
- English Capstone Review, May 2009
- General Chemistry Revision, May-June 2009
To schedule a consultation, contact the Leslie Ortquist-Ahrens, Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning, 614-823-1034