Follow Us on Facebook
See the latest news about the team on our Facebook page.
Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) Hunt Seat Team
IHSA is open to all levels of riders. Riders interested in trying out for a varsity position may do so during the month of September. Non-varsity members are still active, competing members of the IHSA Team. Varsity benefits include paid entries, lodging, and travel, plus practice rides.
2013-14 IHSA Show Schedule
at OSU September 28-29, 2013
at Miami October 19-20, 2013
at OU February 22-23, 2014
at Otterbein March 1-2, 2014
Regionals at Miami March 16, 2014
Zones April 6, 2014 Hosted by Region 1
IHSA Coach: Tenley Struhs TStruhs@otterbein.edu
Dressage Association (IDA) Team
IDA is open to all levels of riders. Riders interested in trying out for a varsity position may do so at the beginning of fall semester. The IDA team consists of both varsity and non-varsity members. Non-varsity members are still active riding participants. Varsity benefits include paid entries, travel and lodging, plus practice rides.
2013-14 IDA Show Schedule
at Otterbein November 9 & 10, 2013 (note date change)
At Midway College November 23, 2013
March (day TBD) at Midway College
March 22 & 23, 2014 at Miami University
IDA Coach: Kari Briggs KBriggs@otterbein.edu
About the Teams
- All levels of riders including non-equine majors are encouraged to participate.
- Any Otterbein student can take lessons at our Austin E. Knowlton Center for Equine Science. The teams are open to all Otterbein students and students are eligible for both regional and national competitions.
- To be eligible for the team, riders are required to register in at least two lessons per week. Details can be found here.
Eventing Coach: Kari Briggs KBriggs@otterbein.edu
2013-2014 Team Officers
- Hunt Seat President: Danielle O'Callaghan
- Hunt Seat Vice President: Nicole Heskett
- Dressage President: Mollie Kemp
- Dressage Vice President: Sarah Choate
- All Team Secretary: Sarah Hayes
- Treasurer: Natalie Walter
- Point Secretary: Tori Farrell
- Show Coordinator: Alissa Witowski
- Historian: Mackenzie Majeskie and Kailey Giancola
- Banquet Coordinator: Kelsie Bricker