Join Us for Our Annual Audition Workshop!
On Saturday, November 22, 2014, the Department of Music at Otterbein University is hosting a Music Audition Workshop. This workshop is designed for high school juniors and seniors who are interested in auditioning for college and university music programs. Students participating in the workshop will walk away with a lot of useful information about the entire audition process, along with helpful critique from seasoned music professionals. The registration fee is only $12 and will include lunch and a DVD of your trial audition.
Presented by the Otterbein University Department of Music faculty, the workshop is open to guitar/bass guitar, percussion, piano, string, voice, brass, and woodwind students, and will last from 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. The culminating activity of the day is a trial audition. Participants should be prepared to perform at the workshop according to the guidelines below:
- Voice: one memorized piece, preferably classical
- Strings: one piece (memorization is not necessary); major scales up to four sharps and four flats in two or three octaves, or a scale of your choice; there may be sight reading
- Woodwinds/Brass: one piece (memorization is not necessary); all major scales and a two-octave chromatic scale, or a scale of your choice; there may be sight-reading
- Keyboard: one memorized piece; all major and harmonic minor scales, or a scale of your choice; there may be sight-reading
- Percussion: prepare materials in up to three areas - preferably snare drum, timpani and mallets (memorization is not necessary); there may be sight-reading
We will have accompanists present, and we encourage you to perform your solo with accompaniment.
Registration opens September 22
e / email@example.com
Department of Music
Audition Day Workshop
Saturday, November 22, 2014
9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Battelle Fine Arts Center
170 W. Park St.
Westerville, OH 43081
Lunch and a DVD of the trial audition are included.