Otterbein’s location in Westerville, Ohio, just 15 minutes from the state’s capital, Columbus, gives you convenient access to hundreds of employers. Columbus is also home to some of the country's largest and most respected companies such as Battelle, Worthington Industries, Lake Shore Cryotronics, Xigent Automation Systems, Abrasive Technologies, Allstrap, and many others, which offer you a diverse range of internship, and career opportunities. Also in close proximity to Columbus is Honda and Nestle PTC, which are both located in Marysville, OH. Otterbein's Systems Engineering program will help students to obtain summer internships with our industrial supporters.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (2011), Ohio will need to fill 34,000 engineering jobs by 2018. As a graduate of Otterbein’s systems engineering program, you will be technically competent with broad training and well-prepared to fill these positions.
Systems Engineering Graduates will be:
- Technically competent, with broad training and perspective
- Well-educated to solve problems in a wide range of contexts
- Creative and ethical problem solvers
- Effective communicators
- Well prepared to seek a Professional Engineer's (PE) license
- Employable in a wide variety of manufacturing industries
- Leaders in the industries where they are employed
I strongly believe that programs such as yours will produce the talent required to meet the future needs of our business and in re-establishing our country as a premier manufacturing presence in the global economy.
Tim Moorman, Controls Engineering Manager
Xigent Automation Systems, Inc.