How to Earn a Card
During and after your Cardinal Experience you will create and submit an e-portfolio that includes a reflection of how the experience aligns with the Card Characteristics and learning outcomes. Submitting an e-portfolio is the final step in earning a Card. You can find directions for how to create and submit your e-portfolio below.
If the Five Cards course is not listed under your courses on your Digication home page, please contact email@example.com.
How to Create an E-Portfolio
- Log in
- Click on your courses and select the Five Cards Course
- Select the e-portfolios tab
- Click “create e-portfolio from template” that is next to the Five Card Application Template
- Title your portfolio (example: Riley Ottergrad: Community Engagement Card)
- Skip chose a template and skip chose a theme (those come from the template)
- Under permissions select "private within Otterbein University"
- Do not allow tags
- Select who may comment (recommended: registered users) and when comments will be shown (recommended: Do not show comments until they have been approved)
- Click on "create new e-portfolio"
Once you have created your e-portfolio
- Click the tab of the card for which you are applying.
- Read through the instructions then create your application on one of the three sections under the My Application part.
- Note: There is an example of an application under the Five Cardinal Experiences Overview tab.
Associate Dean Experiential Learning and Community Engagement
Five Cards Graduate Assistant