facebook twitter flickr you tube pinterest

How to Officially Withdraw From the University

  1. First, determine whether you are still within the deadline for withdrawing.  Please check the academic calendar for all applicable deadlines.  Once the last day to drop a class with a W has passed, you will receive a final letter grade for all active registered courses.

  2. Drop your classes via Self-Service Banner*. Make sure that you drop all classes in the current term, as well as classes for which you are registered in future terms if you are not returning to Otterbein University.

  3. E-mail the Office of the Registrar via registrar@otterbein.edu to let us know you wish to withdraw.  Completion of this email indicates your intent to officially withdraw from Otterbein University.

Please take moment to complete this two question survey.  Click here.

 As part of the withdrawal process, it is your responsibility to:

  1. Contact Student Financial Services at 614-823-1150 to:
    • Determine the impact this withdrawal may have on your financial aid
    • Ensure that you have no outstanding charges
    • Complete an exit interview for any student loans
  2. If you have a University housing and/or meal contract, contact the Office of Student Affairs at 614-823-1250 to terminate your contract.

* NOTE: Only students who withdraw from all registered courses in a semester are eligible for any amount of refund.  See the academic calendar for eligible refund dates.

/ Registrar

The Office of the Registrar is located in Towers Hall, Room 27.
p/ 614.823.1350 
f/ 614.823.1009 


Business Hours 
Monday - Friday:

8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. 

Mailing Address: 
Otterbein University 
Office of the Registrar 
1 South Grove Street 
Westerville, OH 43081