In Case of an Emergency
If someone you are concerned about is experiencing a mental health emergency where the threat of harm to self or other is imminent and serious:
- Call 911 and ask for immediate assistance.
Identify yourself and your location, and briefly describe your reason for concern; or
- Go to Ohio Health - Westerville Medical Campus
300 Polaris Pkwy., Westerville, OH, 614.533.3000; or
- Go to Mt. Carmel St. Ann's Hospital Emergency Care ER
500 S. Cleveland Ave., Westerville, OH, 614.898.4000.
For Urgent Attention
If someone you are concerned about is experiencing serious but non-life threatening symptoms or a situation that would benefit from urgent attention, help them to:
Call or come to the Counseling Center. Our phone number is 614.823.1333 and we are located at 146 W. Home St. Business hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. If a student requests an urgent appointment we will make every attempt to schedule them to see one of the counselors at 3:00 pm or 3:30 pm that same day for assessment and recommendations for next steps.
For Help in Uncertain Circumstances
If you are unsure about the seriousness of your student's symptoms or situation, we encourage you to contact any of the following resources:
- Counseling Center staff at 614.823.1333
- Student Affairs personnel at 614.823.1250
- Student Health Center professionals at 614.823.1345
- Otterbein Police - available 24 hours/weekdays and weekends - at 614.823.1222