The following items are required in order to be considered for freshman or transfer admission to Otterbein University. Once all your application materials have been submitted, we can typically send you an application decision within 2-4 weeks. Our application review is holistic, meaning it takes into consideration many factors such as your test scores, essay, and involvement outside of the classroom.
- Online Application, including essay
- $25 application fee
- Official transcripts/documents for four years of high school/secondary school (grades 9-12)
- SAT or ACT test scores (freshman applicants only)
- Letter of recommendation (freshman applicants only)
Upon acceptance you must also submit:
- Official Bank Statement(s) and Affidavit of Financial Support
- Copy of passport and current visa (if applicable)
- All test scores must be reported directly from the testing center. SAT and ACT test scores may be waived for students with the IB diploma, GAC, A levels, or equivalent.
- Conditional admission is available to students that meet academic requirements, but still need additional language training to be successful in a U.S. classroom. Otterbein offers an English as a Second Language program on campus to help prepare students to become full-time degree seeking candidates.
- Foreign language documents must be translated into English by the issuing institution, a certified translator or English teacher.
Some departments require an audition or portfolio review for admission. Learn more about auditioning for an Otterbein program.
The application for admission and all required materials must be received or postmarked by the deadlines listed. Any applications completed after the deadline will be reviewed on a space-available basis and only if there is sufficient time for obtaining a visa.
Fall semester 2016: March 1 Classes begin: August 29
Spring semester 2017: October 1 Classes begin: January 9
Tuition and on-campus room and board charges are listed below. Please note the room and board rates represent base amounts. Actual charges may vary depending on your room assignment and chosen area of study. Please refer to the comprehensive fee schedule on the Business Office site.
- Full-time tuition $31,424
- On-campus room and board $ 9,460
- Books and supplies $ 1,100
- Transportation $ 1,100
- Miscellaneous $ 932
- Total $44,016
Students are automatically considered for our merit-based scholarship, the International Undergraduate Scholarship, when they apply based on a combination of factors such as test scores, class rank, and academic average. The scholarships are awarded on an annual basis so long as the student is in good standing. Talent scholarships may be combined to offer a greater award.