As a small institution of approximately 3,100 students, Otterbein University offers a caring resource team that assists veterans with all facets of transition from military to university life, helping veterans realize their personal educational goals.
Members of the Veterans Resource Team may be contacted for additional questions and/or assistance:
Robert Gatti – Chair
Vice President and Dean for Student Affairs
Available for general consultation on all matters involving veteran students, other than VA benefits. In addition, the Student Affairs office offers small emergency loans up to $200; college activities calendar; diversity support; and housing accommodations.
Director of Adult and Transfer Admission
Location: Towers Hall
1 South Grove St.
Westerville, OH 43081
FYS Instructor and Veteran Services Advisor
1 South Grove Street
Westerville, OH 43081
VA Benefits Certifying Official
Associate Director, Financial Aid
Traditional student financial aid
Assistant Director of Admission
Yellow Ribbon contact for undergraduate admission
Available to meet with traditional undergraduate students.
Director, Academic Support Center
Academic Support Services
Services available through the Academic Support Center:
- Individual tutoring in math, writing and most content subjects.
- Accommodations for learning disability, physically handicapping disability, or psychological disability
- Evenings workshops on specific study strategies: note taking, test taking, learning styles, etc.
Office of Marketing and Communications
Available for community/corporate outreach and marketing opportunities regarding prospective military and veteran Adult and Transfer Students.
- gibill.va.gov – Veterans Administration website
- GoArmyEd.com – online resource that allows soldiers to apply for funding for post-secondary education
- TodaysGIBill.org - online resource from American Council on Education (ACE), a comprehensive college guidance web site designed for returning and about-to-return veterans interested in going to college, as well as family members and dependents receiving transferable benefits. The site offers guidance on college preparation, transferability of credits, institution and program choice, application timelines and benefit eligibility.
- militaryfriendlyschools.com – online resource for the top 15 percent of 7,000 colleges and universities chosen by G.I. Jobs as a "military friendly school", doing the most to embrace America's veterans as students.
- http://www.onlinecollegesdatabase.org/online-college-resources-for-veterans/ -
The free 20-page guide titled "Higher Education Resources for Veterans and Their Families", includes more than 150 resources with links to (and brief descriptions of) each.