Your support of the Otterbein University Turf and Track Project will impact
approximately 550 current student-athletes, countless future student-athletes, and the entire
- Today, Ballenger Field is utilized 54 times a year for a total of 165 hours. The renovated facility will
provide the opportunity for all Otterbein student-athletes and the entire campus population to use the field EVERY DAY for up to 3,000 hours of use a year!
- Otterbein's McVay Track has not hosted a meet since 2007. A new running and field surface will
provide a home to Otterbein's Track & Field program for many years to come.
Who Will Benefit? Athletics
Football, Men's and Women's Soccer, Men's and Women's Track & Field, and Men's and
Women's Lacrosse will use the field for games and practices.
- All other sport programs will be able to use the facility for training purposes.
- Represents approximately 550 student-athletes.
- The facility will be available for student activities including Summer conferences, freshman orientation, Greek activities, marching band
practice and recreational sports.
- The entire campus community will benefit from increased access.
- Tour guides and admission counselors can showcase the state-of-the-art facility to prospective students.
- The facility would provide partnership opportunities with the City of Westerville, area
health organizations, local schools, and youth sports organizations, creating revenue for the
Thanks to the incredible generosity of lead donors, we are already well on our goal of $2 million. To raise the remaining amount, fundraising goals have been established for the sport programs that will call the field home.
- Leather Helmet Gang (Pre-1958 Alumni): $125,000
- Golden Years (1959-1965): $75,000
- Lintner/Agler Years (1966-1974): $100,000
- Seils Years (1975-1987): $50,000
- Doup Playing Years (1988-1995): $50,000
Men's and Women's Soccer = $100,000
Men’s and Women’s Track and Field = $100,000
Men's and Women's Lacrosse = $50,000
Donors may make a pledge, payable in installments over three (3) years, by downloading this form.
Pledge Payments/gifts can be made by:
- Check: Written out to Otterbein University or the Otterbein "O" Club. Please note that
the money is to be used for the "Turf and Track Project." Mail to Office of Development, Otterbein University, 1 S. Grove St., Westerville, OH 43081.
- Online: With VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. Please
indicate "Turf" in the comment section. Give online now.
Questions? Please contact a member of the Advancement Team at 614-
|68 || All-Americans |
| 36 || Academic All-Americans
| 59 || Conference Championships
|47 || OAC Coaches of the Year
| 28 || NCAA team appearances
|3 ||Final Fours
|1 || National Championship
|373 ||Number of Student Athletes Over a 3.0 GPA |
|2,239 ||Community Service Hours |