We are accessible to our students and faculty for extended hours during the year.
As a member of OPAL and OhioLINK, we have access to hundreds of databases and thousands of journals, eBooks, and print materials, usable both on campus and off. The Library’s print collection numbers over 150,000 volumes, but extends to include music, juvenile, gaming, and DVD collections.
Through the generosity of A. Monroe Courtright ’40, the building is named in honor of his parents Robert and Ada. The Library was built in 1972 and was most recently renovated in 2013.
We serve over 100,000 patrons a term. In addition to our reference consultation services, we connect with our community in myriad ways, through text, email, chat, and in person. You will find the Academic Support Center and the Center for Teaching and Learning housed in the Library. Our Archives, detailing the history of the University and including materials on the United Brethren Church, our founding institution in 1847, are located in the lower level.
The mission of the Courtright Memorial Library is to actively engage in and contribute to the teaching, learning and research needs of the entire Otterbein community. As intellectual partners in the quest for knowledge, the library staff provides access to information, develops a diverse collection, and nurtures critical thinking skills to develop self sufficient, life-long learners.