facebook twitter flickr you tube pinterest
The Graduate School

Earn Your Master's Degree at Otterbein

0:00 / 0:00

Master's Degree for Teachers

Otterbein’s Graduate School program is the perfect place to earn a Master’s degree. The Graduate School program is committed to preparing teachers to maximize the potential of all learners. We offer a variety of programs for experienced teachers, those seeking professional development*, and those new to education.

Mathematics teachers seeking advanced education that blends content knowledge with teaching skills should consider the Master of Arts in Educational Mathematics.

*Otterbein offers many opportunities for teachers to continue to develop as a professional. Contact Amy Featherstone, Graduate Education Advisor, for an appointment to discuss the best individualized plan for you.

Graduate School Accreditation

Otterbein University and its Teacher Education Program is a member of or is approved by:

  1. The North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
  2. The American Association of University Women.
  3. The Association of American Colleges and Universities.
  4. The National Association of Schools of Music.
  5. The Ohio College Association.
  6. The Ohio Department of Education (ODE).
  7. The American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education.
  8. National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).

The National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education is a non-profit, non-governmental organization founded in 1954. More than 30 national associations representing the education profession at large make up the council. NCATE accreditation is a mark of distinction, and provides recognition that the education program has met national professional standards for the preparation of teachers and other educators. In NCATE’s performance-based accreditation system, institutions must provide evidence of competent teacher candidate performance. Teacher candidates must know their subject matter and how to teach effectively so that all students learn.

K-12 Intervention Specialist License

Otterbein is pleased to offer K-12 Intervention Specialist Licensure programs. Licensure programs are available for individuals seeking initial licensure or for currently licensed teachers. Learn more about our K-12 Intervention Specialist Licensure program.

Courses for Professional Development 

You can add an endorsement, start a certificate, or renew your license by taking relevant and interactive courses at Otterbein. Please contact the Graduate Education Advisor for information about enhancing your teaching practice or check out our Summer @ Otterbein course offerings.

Master of Arts in Education (MAE)

Maximize the potential of all learners.

/ find out more

Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT)

Photo of a graduate education student in front of a map

Add a license to teach middle grades at the graduate level.

/ find out more

Professional Development for Educators

Photo of a graduate education student by lockers

View offerings for educators (coming soon!).


Photo of a hand with a pen

Get a license to teach, get an endorsement, add a license, or renew a license.

/ find out more

Initial Teacher Licensure

Classroom photo

Add a teaching license to your bachelors degree.

/ find out more

Tuition and Financial Aid

Get the facts.

/ find out more

/ The Graduate School

The Graduate School is located in Roush Hall, room 208.

Office Hours
M-F: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm

p/ 614.823.3210
e/ grad@otterbein.edu

/ Graduate Education Personnel

Gaby Miller
Graduate Education Recruiter/Counselor MAT

Amy Featherstone
Graduate Education and Recruiter/Counselor MAE

Deb Williams
Admission and Data Management Coordinator