Admission to the MSN/MBA Program (Master of Science in Nursing and Master of Business Administration Program) is open to graduates of institutions of higher education that are fully accredited by appropriate regional accrediting agencies, and NLNAC (National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission) and/or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited baccalaureate nursing programs. Applicants must hold a current Ohio registered nurse license and give evidence of the intellectual, academic, and personal ability to succeed in graduate studies. Admission shall not be denied on the basis of race, religion, age, sex, color, disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, marital, or veteran status.
Applicants for admission will be reviewed on a rolling basis to begin studies at any term throughout the year. A combined MSN/MBA Admissions Review Committee will conduct all admissions evaluations. The most qualified applicants will be offered admission. It may be necessary for some students to take undergraduate courses to meet prerequisites of selected graduate courses.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from an institution of higher education that is fully accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting agency.
- Baccalaureate degree from a NLNAC and/or CCNE accredited program in nursing.
- An active, unencumbered Ohio RN license number is required.
- Evidence of capacity for graduate study. A blended cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for all undergraduate course work is required.
- Official GMAT score of 500 or better is required.
- Congruence of the applicant's goals with the objectives and resources of the Otterbein University Graduate School.
- Two years full-time or part-time equivalent nursing work experience within the last five years is required for MSN/MBA candidates.
- Ability to articulate one's professional goals and express one's self clearly as evidenced by the admission essay.
How to Apply
- Apply online.
- Submit all Official Transcripts from all colleges attended directly to the Graduate School.
- Submit official GMAT scores directly to the Graduate School.
- Submit your Professional Resume.
- Submit a Personal Essay (2-4 pages).
Describe your professional goals and how these goals will be achieved in the MSN/MBA program. Describe your past experiences and reflections that have influenced these goals. Provide honest and thoughtful self-examination, citing areas of strength and interest, as well as, areas of desired growth. Describe personal contributions that can be made to nursing, business, and the greater community.
- Request and submit 2 Letters of Recommendation using the forms provided. (Recommenders need to send the forms directly to the Graduate School. (preferably one from a nursing supervisor and one from a faculty member if you have been in school in the last 5 years)
- Provide an active, unencumbered Ohio RN license number on the application form.
All application materials should be mailed to:
The Graduate School
1 South Grove Street
Westerville, OH 43081-2006
/ Additional Info
/Accreditations View our accreditations
/ The Graduate School
The Graduate School is located in Roush Hall, room 208. Office Hours
M-F: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Contact
p / 614.823.3210
e / firstname.lastname@example.org