facebook twitter flickr you tube pinterest


Frequently Asked Questions About Loans

  • How do I apply?

  • Do I have to complete Loan Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN)?

  • What are the benefits of the Federal Direct Loan Program?

  • What happens to the Stafford/PLUS Loans I borrowed in previous years?

  • How will repayment be handled if I have Direct loans?

  • Where can I find information about who services my federal student loans?

  • Will I still be able to borrow private loans through a lender of my choice?

  • How do I get uneven disbursements on my loan?

  • I am taking a Senior Year Experience class with a trip, how can I include the additional charges in my loan?

  • When would I need to complete Exit Counseling?

  • How do I get the credit balance on my student account?

  • What is included in the Cost of Attendance?

  • How can I use my financial aid to purchase books?

  • What is a Master Promissory Note?

  • What is a Private Student Loan?

  • What is a Federal Parent PLUS Loan?

  • What is a Federal Grad PLUS Loan?

  • What are the credit criteria for the PLUS loan?

/ Financial Aid Office

Financial Aid is located in Barlow Hall, 88 Cochran Alley

p/ 614.823.1502
f/ 614-823-1588
e/ financialaid@otterbein.edu

For your protection, please do not submit personally identifiable or confidential information via email. This includes attachments with tax returns/tax return transcripts and social security numbers.

/ Undergraduate Admission

The Office of Admission is located in Clippinger Hall, 102 W. College Ave.

Office Hours
M-F: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.


p/ 614.823.1500
e/ uotterb@otterbein.edu