facebook twitter flickr you tube pinterest

Financial Aid & Scholarships FAQs

General Information

What are the office hours for the Office of Financial Aid?
Office Hours winter months: M-F 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Office Hours summer months: M-F 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
We recognize most national holidays.

How do I make an appointment with a counselor?
Contact the Office of Financial Aid at 614.823.1502 and we will arrange an appointment that fits your schedule within our hours.

Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID
The FSA ID is a username and password combination that serves as a student’s or parent’s identifier to allow access to personal information in various U.S. Department of Education systems and acts as a digital signature on some online forms. Click here for the Department's webpage for questions and answers, as well as a direct link to creating a FSA ID.

FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)

Financial Aid Award


Special Circumstance


Student Employment

  • How do apply for Work Study jobs?

  • Are Work Study earnings taxable?

Study Abroad/Off-Campus Programs

  • What Aid is offered for Study Abroad and Off Campus Programs

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)


  • How do I search for outside scholarships?

e-Pay / Balance Due

  • Do you offer extensions to paying the balance?

  • What is E-Pay? And when do I need to sign up?

/ Financial Aid Office

Financial Aid is located in Barlow Hall, 88 Cochran Alley

p/ 614.823.1502
f/ 614-823-1588
e/ financialaid@otterbein.edu

For your protection, please do not submit personally identifiable or confidential information via email. This includes attachments with tax returns/tax return transcripts and social security numbers.

/ Undergraduate Admission

The Office of Admission is located in Clippinger Hall, 102 W. College Ave.

Office Hours
M-F: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.


p / 614.823.1500
e / uotterb@otterbein.edu