facebook twitter flickr you tube pinterest

AP/IB/Transcripted College Credit Earned in High School

AP, IB & College Credit

Otterbein University recognizes challenging coursework by giving credit for approved Advanced Placement tests (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) work and transcripted college credit earned while in high school.. Advanced standing credit may be used to satisfy general university requirements, major requirements where allowed, and to ultimately accelerate graduation.

Advanced Placement (AP)

A student who receives a score of 4 or 5 on an Advanced Placement Test in high school will receive credit for the appropriate Otterbein equivalent course. Proficiency rather than credit will be noted for a score of 3 for any Otterbein equivalent course except Integrative Studies courses (INST) or their substitutes and Mathematics (MATH) courses. Exemption from Mathematics, Integrative Studies courses and substitutes requires a score of 4 or 5. Proficiency means that the Otterbein equivalent course may be skipped when it is a required, prerequisite, or co-requisite course.

For more information on AP Credit and how your score would transfer to Otterbein, please visit the Otterbein University Course Catalog.

International Baccalaureate (IB)

Those students participating in an IB Programme are eligible to receive credit for each certificate earned in the program and can receive up to 28 credit hours if they earn the full diploma. Along with the credit earned, students are also eligible for a $1,000 scholarship for each certificate earned up to five total and a $7,000 scholarship if they earn the full diploma. Scholarships and credit will be awarded in late June or early July upon the receipt of an official International Baccalaureate Programme Diploma.

For more information on IB Credit and how your credit would transfer to Otterbein, please visit the Otterbein University Course Catalog.

College Credit

Upon acceptance to Otterbein, students are required to submit an official transcript from the college or university at which time Otterbein will evaluate their credit. From there, Otterbein will send a full evaluation of credit to the student, better explaining how their credits will transfer to Otterbein upon enrollment.

For more information on College Credit and how it would transfer to Otterbein, please visit the catalog to view the Otterbein University Course Catalog Transfer Credit Policy.

/ Undergraduate Admission

The Office of Admission is located in Clippinger Hall, 102 W. College Ave.

Office Hours
M-F: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.


p/ 614.823.1500
e/ uotterb@otterbein.edu