As We Like It (and you better like it too)
Hear Ye, Hear Ye! On Sunday January 28, 2007 at 4:00 PM,
you are herewith invited to attend the Friends of the Otterbein College
Courtright Memorial library original production titled, "As
We Like It (and you better like it too)."
This tribute to the Bard of Avon on the occasion of the 100th Anniversary of the very first theatrical production staged at Otterbein College stars "A Cast of Thousands - Minus 9,992."
Join us as Petie Dodrill, Pat Kessler, Jim Bailey, John Wells, John Ludlum, Mary Pat Knight, Carolyn Williams, and Stephen Grinch entertain us.
The production will be held at the
Courtright Memorial Library,
138 W. Main St., Westerville, OH
on the second floor.
Admission is $10.00 ($5.00
for students). Refreshments will be served.
Please RSVP to Lois Szudy,
614 823-1414 or LSzudy@otterbein.edu
by January 25.
New EJC Interface Offers More Features, Better Performance
The new interface for the Electronic Journal Center is now live. The interface offers better performance and more functionality. New features include:
- My Articles – A function of My EJC, the feature allows creating and saving articles for easy reference later
Find similar articles with just one click.
Collapsible/Expandable panels for faster browsing of titles
- Quick links to the complete article from both the issue and article level page helps you get the full-text article more quickly.
These oldie-but-goodie features are still available and worth trying out if you haven’t already:
- Journal alerts – Get new issue alerts via RSS feed or go to My EJC and create an account to create a list of favorite journals and set up e-mail notifications.
- My Searches – Put your research on autopilot. Save your searches and set times for the system to automatically execute them and e-mail you the results.
It is possible to migrate your saved searches and alerts
from the old system to the new one until the end of January. Go here for instructions.
New Research Databases
Images.MD : the online encyclopedia of medical images.
images.MD features more than 48,000 high-quality medical images, each one accompanied by authoritative text from 2000 of the world’s leading medical experts. More than 90 subject collections can be found on the site ranging from allergies to cardiology, from neurology to urology, making this an essential resource for all researchers, students, and practicing medics.
Features on the site include:
- Create your own image library
- Personalize your collection
- Add, edit, or delete text, rename or add personal notes to the images
- Create your own PowerPoint® presentation
- Browse and search the image database by specialty, collection, keyword, or image type
- Email images to colleagues
- Order CD-ROMs of your presentations
Log on today to make the most of this great resource!
Jazz Naxos Music Library Jazz is is one of the most comprehensive
collections of Jazz music available online. It offers approximately
20,000 tracks of jazz from over 1,900 albums, with over 500 jazz
artists represented. Naxos Music Library Jazz brings you the world
of international Jazz, covering Sweden and Scandinavian jazz artists.
In addition, it has the world's deepest jazz catalog and offers
the very best in blues and R&B. Naxos Jazz is accessible from
computers on or off campus.