Road Warrior is a comprehensive business travel, telecommunications
and business culture reference providing information to 175 countries.
This database features high-resolution maps, and unique content
includes business etiquette in a country; stereotypes of the country
as accepted by foreigners and stereotypes as accepted by the country;
information specific to women on the global road;
information on street crime, organized crime, and social unrest;
typical food within the country; religious practices; language;
lifecycles; and much more.
Electronic Book Center rollout of its new interfaces. The
new EBC design offers:
- " One click basic searching for scholarly books only,
American and English literature only, or all of OhioLINK's most
popular e-book collections (using Quick Search/MetaLib)
- " Quick links to OhioLINK's most popular individual e-book
collections, which provide advanced searching options, including
American & English Literature, Oxford Reference Online,
NetLibrary, Safari Books Online, and the Scholarly & Reference
- " An updated look
Cochrane Databases Give Nursing Majors Access to More Evidence Based Research
The library now has access to the Cochrane Collection of Health Care databases through the Ebsco interface. Essentially, this is a collection of six different databases with a focus on evidence based medicine.
Note that the last three databases listed do not include full text. However, if you come across a useful article and you can't find the full text, don't dispair. You can always use interlibrary loan and request it. The average time it takes to obtain an article, which is mailed as a pdf to your Otterbein email account, is five days.
- NHS Economic Evaluation Database (NHS EED) - This database looks at the cost of treatment. "Economic evaluations - the cost-benefit analysis of two or more different medical treatments - from around the world.."
- Health Technology Assessments (HTA) - provides details of completed and ongoing health technology assessments (studies of the medical, social, ethical and economic implications of healthcare interventions). It contains systematic reviews, as well as ongoing and completed research based on trials, questionnaires and economic evaluations.
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews - These full text reviews are highly structured and systematic, with evidence included or excluded on the basis of explicit quality criteria.
- Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE) - abstracts (not full text) of published systematic reviews on the effects of health care from around the world, which have been critically analyzed according to a high standard of criteria.
- Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials - a bibliography of controlled trials identified as part of an international effort to hand search the world's journals and create an unbiased source of data for systematic reviews.
- Cochrane Methodology Register - a bibliography of publications which report on methods used in the conduct of controlled trials.