• What types of things should I consider before
starting a research paper or other assignment?
• How can I find a topic for my research paper?
• How do I know which materials to use for my assignment (speech, research paper, etc.)?
• What resources can I use to find synonyms for search terms?
• How do I know whether to use primary or
secondary sources for my research paper?
• Which classification systems are used in the Courtright Memorial Library, and how do I use them?
• What are references sources, and how can I take advantage of them?
• What are the different types of journals and other annual publications?
• How do I know what internet sources are acceptable for my research?
• What are some useful electronic resources?
• What are Boolean operators and wildcards, and how do I use them?
• How can I evaluate my resources for my research
• What should I look for in order to determine if my sources provide accurate information?
• Should I be aware of bias when conducting research?
• What is plagiarism, and how can I avoid it?
• Should I be concerned about copyright law when conducting research?
• What is Fair Use?
• What are some resources that can help me cite my sources?
• How do I create an annotated bibliography?