Protect the Nest Weekly Update for Students – September 15, 2021
Posted Sep 16, 2021
This periodic update is intended to keep you informed of the latest developments from our Protect the Nest Team. Please visit www.otterbein.edu/covid19/ for additional general and student-related information. If you have questions or concerns, contact the COVID Hotline at email@example.com.
- Faculty: If a student communicates that they are missing class due to quarantine or isolation, ask them if they have contacted firstname.lastname@example.org. If they have not, tell them to do so. If you need to confirm whether a student is officially in quarantine or isolation, contact Chris Reynolds at email@example.com.
- COVID-19 vaccines are free and available in many locations near campus and around central Ohio. You can find a list of locations near campus at www.otterbein.edu/covid19/ or additional locations at vaccinateoh.org or gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov.
Contact Tracing and Quarantine
Otterbein is following the CDC guidelines for contact tracing and quarantining after an exposure. Here’s what you need to know:
- The CDC defines exposure to COVID-19 as being 6 feet or closer for 15 minutes or more to an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19 — with or without a facial covering.
- If you have been identified as having a possible exposure, a member of the Contact Tracing Team
will contact you and ask you several questions to determine your next steps.
- Unvaccinated individuals who have a confirmed exposure will be asked to quarantine.
- Vaccinated individuals who have a confirmed exposure and who are asymptomatic DO NOT need to quarantine but will be asked to monitor for symptoms.
- STUDENTS: If you think you have had an exposure, contact the COVID Hotline at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not self-quarantine without reaching out to the COVID Hotline.
The COVID-19 testing center is available only to students who have made an appointment through the COVID Hotline at email@example.com. The testing center DOES NOT allow unscheduled drop-in appointments. Currently, the center is prioritizing symptomatic students and students who must receive asymptomatic testing to participate in athletics or other campus activities.
A Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine clinic will be held from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 15, at The Point, room 145. Register here: https://armorvax-app.azurewebsites.net/Home/Invitation?code=GCV-YT5
Otterbein’s COVID-19 protocols are developed in consultation with Franklin County Public Health and OhioHealth (Otterbein’s campus healthcare provider) and adhere to the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Ohio Department of Health. Otterbein’s protocols are subject to change based on new guidance issued by these agencies.