Jacqueline Haverkamp, Associate Professor & Department Chair, Nursing
Associate Professor & Department Chair
Dr. Haverkamp’s areas of interest are diverse but focus on the advancement of nursing and patient care. In fact, this nurse administrator led faculty team is recognized nationally for the ability to collect, analyze, store and showcase data, including the use of infographics and for 100% pass rates in licensure/certification exams in all programs.
- Post-Master’s MBA, Otterbein University, 2016
- Doctor of Nursing Practice, The Ohio State Universy, 2012
- Post-Master's FNP, Otterbein University, 2009
- Nurse Educator Certificate, Otterbein University, 2008
- NHA Core Knowledge Course, The Ohio State University, 2005
- Master of Science in Nursing-Nursing Administration, Otterbein University, 2004
- BSN, Franklin University, 1997
- ASN, Otterbein University, 1981
Research, Creative, & Professional Work
- Assessment and management of medical-surgical populations
- FNP clinics
- Urgent care and emergency nursing
- Hospice and related oncology care
- Nursing education
- Health Care Leadership & Management
- Healthcare Policy, Finance and Regulatory Environments
- 2018 Co-author of “A Map for Successful CCNE Accreditation”, Journal of Professional Nursing (2018), 34(3), 182-188.
- 2015 Co-author of “Beyond Academic Evidence: Innovative Uses ofTechnology within e-Portfolios in a Doctor of Nursing Practice Program”, Journal of Professional Nursing (2015), 31(4), 284-289.
- 2014 Advisory Work Group Member of the American Nurses Association revising the book, “Nursing Administration: Scope & Standards”
- 2013 Co-author of “BSN in 10: What Is Your Opinion?”, AORN Journal (2013), 98(2), 144-152.
- 2011 Co-author of Ohio’s Nursing Initiative Yellow Team research entitled "The Urgency for More Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Prepared Nurses and the Accessibility of BSN Completion Programs for Registered Nurses (RN’s) licensed In Ohio”, posted on Nursing 2015 Initiative’s website: http://nursing2015.wordpress.com
- 2011 Contributor to Nursing 2015 Initiative’s, “Talking Points”, posted on Nursing 2015 Initiative’s website: http:nursing2015.wordepress.com
Affiliations & Awards
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- National Association of Advanced Practice Nurses
- Ohio Association of Advanced Practice Nurses
- Ohio Organization of Nurse Executives
- Ohio Hospital Association
- Ohio's Nursing 2015 Initiative
- 2018 AACN-Wharton Nursing Leadership Program Fellow