Joy Shoemaker, Associate Professor, DNP Program Director, Advanced Practice Director, Nursing
Joy Ferretti Shoemaker, DNP, APRN-CNP is an Associate Professor in the Department of Nursing at Otterbein University. Dr. Shoemaker teaches undergraduate, graduate and doctoral nursing students in a variety of courses. Dr. Shoemaker began her nursing education career in 2002 as a part-time clinical instructor and became a full-time nursing instructor in 2009. She continues her clinical practice in community primary healthcare. Dr. Shoemaker strives to encourage students to succeed in their studies at the highest level in order that they may share their healing skills to those in need of competent, caring healthcare.
- D.N.P., Otterbein University, 2013
- M.S.N., Otterbein College, 2002
- B.S.N. Otterbein College, 2000
- A.D. N., Northampton County Area Community College, 1985
- B.A., University of Pittsburgh, 1980
Research, Creative, & Professional Work
- Family Primary Care
- Nursery Programs
- Community Health
- Service Learning
- Shoemaker, J., Chavez, R., Butz, S., Yowler, S., & Keane, P. (2017). Effective Utilization of Computerized Curricular Assistive Tools in Improving NCLEX-RN Pass Rates for a Baccalaureate Nursing Program. Computers Informatics Nursing, 35(4), 194-200.
- Shoemaker, J. (2017). Development and implementation of health education and promotion module for incarcerated mothers: Knowledge gains and future implications. SAGE Open Nursing, 3, 1-11.
- Haverkamp, J., Ribar, A.K., Ball, K., Ballard, K., Butz, S., Chovan, J.D., . . . Shoemaker, J.R. (2017). A map for successful CCNE accreditation. Journal of Professional Nursing, 33(6). http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.profnur.2017.09.003
Affiliations & Awards
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- Kappa Lambda Chapter
- Ohio Association of Advanced Practice Nurses (OAAPN)
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF)