Tammy Plaxico, Part-Time Faculty in Health & Sport Sciences, Health & Sport Sciences
Tammy M. Plaxico has been adjunct faculty at Otterbein University since 2003. Initially hired to teach Pilates mat work, she now also teaches ballet, tap, jazz and modern for the Dance Department and yoga for the Health Sciences Department. She has been afforded the wonderful opportunity to work with her dance faculty colleagues and the theater and dance production teams in several annual dance concerts. These include: The Flip Side, To Each His Own, Pulse, Once Again, Tell Tale Poe and The Goddess. Plaxico has also taught in the OSU dance department, implementing their Pilates mat and reformer program, at Ballet Met Academy, and at various dance programs throughout the Columbus area. She completed her B.A. (1994) and M.F.A (1998) in dance at the University of Iowa, advanced levels of Pilates mat and apparatus training, and is a certified yoga instructor. Having an innate interest and desire to better understand the dynamic human body, she is currently also an Otterbein student in the Athletic Training Program. Her goal is serve the dance community in the areas of injury prevention, conditioning, assessment of acute and chronic injuries, and rehabilitation. She resides in Westerville with her husband where they have raised their 4 children.
- Athletic Training Certified, anticipated 2021
- B.A., Health and Sport Sciences, anticipated 2021
- 200 Hour Yoga Certification
- STOTT Pilates Cadillac, Chair and Barrels, 2002
- STOTT Pilates Mat and Reformer Certification, 1998
- M.F.A, University of Iowa, 1998. Dance, Emphasis in Performance.
- B.A., University of Iowa, 1994. Dance.
Research, Creative, & Professional Work
- Teaching: Ballet, Modern techniques
- Teaching: Pilates
- Teaching: Yoga