Search the Library Collections
Collections at the Courtright Memorial Library include a variety of databases, resources, and discovery tools. You may find it worthwhile to use a combination of tools to achieve the most thorough search due to the varied and complex nature of the collections. If you have questions, just Ask A Librarian.
Search for Articles
Search for Books
Our main catalogue, including all materials owned by the Courtright Library as well as referencing those shared through the OPAL consortium of 24 Ohio academic libraries.
Search the Course Reserves
Our course reserve collection includes books, articles, videos, and music that have been given shorter loan periods as designated by professors for use in specific courses. The course reserve collection is for classes that are currently being taught and is designed to give students better access to texts and videos that can assist them in those classes.
How do I search the Course Reserves?
- On your Web browser, open the OPAL Catalog.
- Under Course Reserves, enter your search term in the appropriate field:
- Course Search (e.g., INST 2001)
- Instructor Search (last name, first)
- If more than one course is listed for an instructor, click the course title to see the respective materials.
For how long can I borrow Course Reserve items?
Our Course Reserve collection includes books, articles, videos, and music that have been given shorter loan periods as designated by professors for use in specific courses.
|2 Hour (Library Use Only)||These materials circulate for 2 hours and may not pass the security gate at the entrance to the main part of the library. This loan period is only available for Faculty Owned reserves (if requested) and any other items that the library deems appropriate.|
|2 Hour||These materials circulate for 2 hours but have no location based usage restrictions.|
|1 Day||The materials are due at the time the library closes on the day specified.|
|3 Days||The materials are due at the time the library closes on the day specified.|
|7 Days||The materials are due at the time the library closes on the day specified.|
Search Our Special Collections
Equity & Inclusion (Erin McKenzie)
The Equity and Inclusion Collection in memory of Erin McKenzie promotes learning and discovery. It seeks to confirm and challenge old notions and new ones.
Westerville Public Library Book Nook
Opening in the spring of 2018, our Book Nook collaboration brings a browsing collection of popular fiction from the shelves of Westerville Public Library to the hands of the Otterbein community. All items are available for check out under SearchOhio circulation policies and new books are brought in every 3-4 months.
Faculty Development Collections
The Center for Teaching & Learning has partnered with the library to create a rich collection of resources on Faculty Development. This section of the library is housed on the third floor near the CTL offices.
- Capital University Library | Hours | Catalog
- Columbus Metropolitan Library | Hours | Catalog
- Denison University Library | Hours | Catalog
- Franklin University Library | Hours | Catalog
- Ohio Dominican College Library | Hours | Catalog
- Ohio State University Libraries | Hours | Catalog
- Ohio Wesleyan University Library | Hours| Catalog
- State Library of Ohio | Hours | Catalog
- Westerville Public Library | Hours | Catalog
- Worthington Public Library | Hours | Catalog
Beginning Tuesday March 17th, the library building will be closed with virtual services available during posted hours.
Research Help services will be available from 9am-6pm via virtual communication. Ask a Librarian via chat, email, or text. You can also email your Personal Librarian directly. Digital resources remain available 24/7.
Contact the Library
138 West Main Street.
Westerville, OH 43081