The Personal Librarian Program is designed to introduce students entering Otterbein University to the services and resources of the Courtright Memorial Library. Personal librarians are assigned by major (undeclared included) and all incoming students are matched with a librarian who can help with the transition to Otterbein and provide support for academic success. See your Personal Librarian for help with research, fellowship/scholarship applications, job or graduate school research, campus questions, etc. You have questions? We help you find answers.
Find your Personal Librarian in the list below or through the liaison librarians page which lists departments and specialty areas for each librarian. Students are encouraged to Meet with a Librarian for personalized assistance, whether it’s for a course assignment, preparation for a job interview or anything in-between. We welcome the opportunity to work with students individually.
Librarian by Subject area
Biology & Earth Sciences, Chemistry, Education, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Equine Science, Mathematical Sciences, Physics
Jessica Crossfield McIntosh
Business (Undergraduate & Graduate), Music, Women’s, Gender, & Sexuality Studies, Undeclared
Modern Languages, English, Psychology, Religion & Philosophy, Theatre & Dance
Art, Communication, History & Political Science, Sociology, Criminology and Justice Studies
Nursing (Undergraduate & Graduate), Health & Sports Sciences, Allied Health
What can your librarian do?
- Help you find your way around the library
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and student oriented programs
- Remind you of important events, such as extended Library hours during Finals Week
- Answer your questions about Library policies, procedures and services, such as check out times and how to renew books
- Assist with finding information for your research assignments, by helping you articulate your research question, identify the best sources and formulate your search strategy
- Provide virtual support via chat, email etc. even when you are off campus
- Help you when you don’t know where to start, or you can’t think of what to do next
- Show you how to research for job interview
- If we don’t know the answer, we’ll try to find out who can address your question
Your Personal Librarian does not:
- Do your research for you
- Make copies or print documents for you
Virtual Research Services >
No Contact Pick Up
1st Floor Building Access (for current students, staff, and faculty)
Monday-Friday: 11am-5pm, however we ask that our community reserve 11am-12noon for those most at risk.
Please see the Library’s full Schedule of Operations for additional information.
Contact the Library
138 West Main Street.
Westerville, OH 43081