Professional Education Institutes
Otterbein partners with school districts and Education Service Centers to offer high-quality professional development in current ‘hot topics.’ Topics include:
- Deeper Learning with the 4Cs
- Teaching English Language Learners
- Price of Privilege
- Socratic Seminar
- Differentiation with Academic Language
- Mood Meters and Social Emotional Learning
- Teaming and Collaboration
- Getting Started with Project-Based Learning (PBL)
Institutes are at least 15-hours in length, offered for 1 graduate credit hour at our reduced rate for teachers ($200). Institutes are delivered in range of formats, such as hybrid, 3-day workshops on Otterbein’s tranquil campus; on-site at districts in a series of after-school meetings, and completely online.
Contact the Department of Education Graduate Director, Dr. Dee Knoblauch, to organize your own professional development institute!