The 2019 Martin W. Essex School for the Gifted and Talented™ at Otterbein University
The Martin W. Essex School for the Gifted and Talented™ at Otterbein University offers rising high school juniors and seniors the chance to explore the arts, sciences and humanities through a set of seminars, hands-on workshops, and field trips. This residential school encourages social interaction and peer discussion so that students are challenged intellectually and artistically and develop a better understanding of their abilities and talents in their lives and in society.
This residential camp will feature daily workshops and seminars as well as evening field trips and events.
Cost of Essex School: $650.00
Need-based financial assistance is available.
Easy application process.
Apply early, space is limited to 50 students.
Notified of admittance within two weeks of receipt of application and deposit.
Location: Otterbein University
Past Workshops and Programming Have Included:
- Bryan Stevenson’s Just Mercy
- The Creative and Studio Arts (Drawing, Printmaking, Paper Engineering, etc.)
- Explorations in Science (Environmental Chemistry, Nanotechnology, The Chemistry of Dyes and Dyeing, Cadavers to iPads: Look what bodies can do!)
- Voice and Movement in Acting
- Exploring Kinesiology/Anatomy
- Creative Writing/Poetry
- Exploring a Wildlife Oasis (Whittier Peninsula)
- Engineering (SolidWorks 3D modeling)
June 16 – 22, 2019 Apply by April 8!