Otterbein Summer Theatre Presents: Guys and Dolls
A Musical Fable of Broadway
Based on a Story and Characters of Damon Runyon
Music & Lyrics by Frank Loesser
Book by Jo Swerling & Abe Burrows
Directed by Lenny Leibowitz
Music Direction by Sam Clein
Choreographed by Stella Hiatt Kane
July 11-14, July 18-20
(There will be two performances on July 19th and 20th. The first performance at 2:00pm and the second at 8:00pm)
Fritsche Theatre at Cowan Hall
30 S. Grove St., Westerville
Jump into a colorful world of underground gambling, showgirls, and high-stakes romance in one of America’s most enduring musical comedies. In mythical 1950s New York City, career gambler Sky Masterson makes the bet of a lifetime to win the heart of “Save-A-Soul” missionary Sarah Brown while long-suffering nightclub star Adelaide laments foot-dragging beau Nathan Detroit’s 14-year failure to tie the knot. Big, brassy, and timelessly exuberant, Guys and Dolls is rich with beloved show tunes (“Sit Down, You’re Rockin’ The Boat,” “If I Were A Bell,” “Luck Be A Lady”) and old-fashioned Broadway fun.
Summer Theatre Box Office Information
- Season ticket packages, which will be available for sale in April, are $85 each.
- Individual tickets will go on sale beginning Monday, May 13:
- Smoke on the Mountain: $33
- Guys and Dolls: $33
- “Master Harold” … and the Boys: $28
- Opening night performances begin at 7:30 pm.
- Sunday and Friday matinees are at 2:00 pm.
- All other performances begin at 8:00 pm.
Box Office Hours:
- The Otterbein Summer Theatre Box Office will officially open on May 13th.
- Box Office hours will be Monday to Friday from noon to 4:00 pm and one hour prior to all performances.