Otterbein Summer Theatre Presents: "Master Harold" ... and the Boys
By Athol Fugard
Directed by Melissa Lusher
June 27-30 (Two performances June 28 – 2:00pm and 8:00pm)
Fritsche Theatre at Cowan Hall
30 S. Grove St., Westerville
Set in 1950’s South Africa, this searing coming-of-age story is considered Fugard’s masterpiece. A white teen who has grown up in the affectionate company of the two black waiters who work in his mother’s tearoom in Port Elizabeth learns that his viciously racist, alcoholic father is on his way home from the hospital. His ensuing rage unwittingly triggers his inevitable passage into the culture of hatred fostered by apartheid.
Summer Theatre Box Office Information
- Season ticket packages, which will be available for sale in April, are $85 each.
- Individual tickets will go on sale beginning Monday, May 13:
- Smoke on the Mountain: $33
- Guys and Dolls: $33
- “Master Harold” … and the Boys: $28
- Opening night performances begin at 7:30 pm.
- Sunday and Friday matinees are at 2:00 pm.
- All other performances begin at 8:00 pm.
Box Office Hours:
- The Otterbein Summer Theatre Box Office will officially open on May 13th.
- Box Office hours will be Monday to Friday from noon to 4:00 pm and one hour prior to all performances.