School for Scandal
By: Richard Brinsley Sheridan
Adapted by: Mark Mineart
Directed by: Mark Mineart
The London gossip scene is buzzing. Masquerading behind the veneer of polite society, malicious prattlers trade gossip like gamblers and ruin reputations for sport. As much as we are familiar with reports of lies, rumors, backhanded comments, and fake-news, this is 1777 England, and the newspaper industry is just getting started. Two brothers are tested for their trustworthiness by their wealthy uncle amidst a myriad of hilarious twits and subplots involving a crazy cast of characters including Lady Teazle, Lady Sneerwell, Surface, Backbite, Snake, and more. In what is often considered on of the best comedy of manners plays, deception is rampant, but virtue is still supreme.
All sales are final. There are no exchanges or refunds on internet purchases.
Venue & Showtimes
Fritsche Theatre in Cowan Hall
30 S. Grove St. Westerville, OH 43081
- Thursday, February 13 7:30pm
- Friday, February 14 8:00pm
- Saturday, February 15 8:00pm
- Sunday, February 16 2:00pm
- Thursday, February 20 8:00pm
- Friday, February 21 8:00pm
- Saturday, February 22 8:00pm
“School for Scandal” Production Team:
Directed by: Mark Mineart
Scenic Designer: Kailey Miller
Costume Designer: Rebecca White
Lighting Designer: Kyle Krygielski
Sound Designer: Ethan Brown
Stage Manager: Mary Nonno
Ticket Pricing & Policy
Individual Ticket Prices
Individual tickets will go on sale September 4th.
- Chicago: $30
- Radium Girls: $22
- Together Again: $22
- School for Scandal: $22
- A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder: $30
Opening night performances begin at 7:30 pm.
Sunday matinees are at 2:00 pm.
All other performances begin at 8:00 pm.
Tickets for Otterbein Students, Faculty and Staff:
Academic Year Productions:
All Otterbein University full-time students receive FREE tickets to all mainstage theatre and dance productions during the academic year. Otterbein University faculty and staff receive FREE tickets to theatre and dance plays, the dance concert and select performances of musicals. Tickets can be reserved with valid Cardinal Cards at the Cowan Hall box office.
Do not use the online ticketing system for complimentary or reduced priced ticketing. Otterbein Students, Faculty, and Staff must reserve tickets in person with a valid Cardinal Card at the Theatre Box Office. The Box office does not offer refunds or exchanges for individual ticket sales.
Otterbein Summer Theatre Productions:
Due to the high cost involved in producing the professional summer season, discounted tickets are not available for the campus community for regular performances. Otterbein Students, Faculty, Staff are invited to attend a free preview of each production onstage in the Fritsche Theatre at Cowan Hall. Seating is general admission, first come-first served and no advance tickets will be distributed.
Student Rush Tickets:
Discount tickets are offered for all performances one hour prior to curtain (pending availability for those with a valid student ID. Please contact the box office for pricing.
Costume Rentals & Donations
Interested in Donating Clothing or Renting Costumes?
After reading the following information, all inquiries about costume rentals/donations should be directed to the Costume Shop Supervisor at (614) 823 – 1203.
We are happy to accept unique vintage items that fit the following criteria:
- Pre 1980’s fashions including furs, gowns, suits, and other stage-worthy items
- Fabrics/clothing are in good condition without dry-rot, mildew, moth damage, etc
- The clothing must be able to withstand excessive movement, such as running and dancing, without being damaged
- Adult-sized items. Women’s wear must have a minimum waist measurement of 26”
We do NOT accept the following:
- Children’s clothing
- Items that are too fragile/damaged to be worn by an active dancer/actor.
- Clothing from 1980’s to Current, unless the item is in very good condition and is unique.
- Domestic textiles such as linens, doilies, etc.
- Retail Halloween costumes or other disposable-quality items
Donations will become the property of the Otterbein Costume Shop and will be used in whatever manner the designers see fit, which may include altering the garment beyond recognition, destruction, disposal, or resale. We have a limited storage area and can only accept/keep items we are confident we can use.
If you desire a Gift In-Kind Form, please tell the Costume Shop Supervisor. You will need to send photos of the items and declare their value. We will determine if the valuation is appropriate and decide which items we will accept. We will then submit the donation information to Otterbein University administration. After the donation is approved and you have delivered the items, you’ll receive a donation letter for tax purposes from the University. This process may take a few weeks.
To schedule a donation drop-off or to begin the Gift in Kind process, contact the Costume Shop Supervisor.
The Otterbein Theatre & Dance costume shop provides rentals to theatrical productions for a fee. Please be aware of the following policies:
- We do not rent costumes to individuals or private events, we rent ONLY to theatrical productions.
- We do not loan shoes, hats, or jewelry.
- We generally do not have the time to pull for rentals, but we allow designers/costume coordinators to come and pull their own rentals.
- We will pull/ship costumes of a very specific nature or on a whole-show basis. Such as the matching dresses for How to Succeed or Guys & Dolls.
To schedule a donation drop-off or rental, please contact Costume Shop Supervisor at (614) 823-1203.