Otterbein Summer Theatre Presents: Smoke on the Mountain
Book by Connie Ray
Conceived by Alan Bailey
Musical arrangements by Mike Craver and Mark Hardwick
Directed by David Hemsley Caldwell
May 30-June 2, June 6-9, June 13-15
(Two performances Friday, June 7 – 2:00pm and 8:00pm)
Fritsche Theatre at Cowan Hall
30 S. Grove St., Westerville
Last performed at Otterbein in 2002, Otterbein Summer Theatre will revive one of its most popular productions of all time, “Smoke on the Mountain.” The year is 1938. It’s Saturday night in Mount Pleasant, NC, and the Reverend Oglethorpe has invited the Sanders Family Singers to provide an upliftin’ evening of singin’ and witnessin’. The audience is invited to pull up a pew and join in the rollicking good time. More than two dozen songs, many of them vintage pop hymns, and hilarious stories from the more or less devout Sanders will rouse even the sleepiest of congregations.
Summer Theatre Box Office Information
- Season ticket packages, which will be available for sale in April, are $85 each.
- Individual tickets will go on sale beginning Monday, May 13:
- Smoke on the Mountain: $33
- Guys and Dolls: $33
- “Master Harold” … and the Boys: $28
- Opening night performances begin at 7:30 pm.
- Sunday and Friday matinees are at 2:00 pm.
- All other performances begin at 8:00 pm.
Box Office Hours:
- The Otterbein Summer Theatre Box Office will officially open on May 13th.
- Box Office hours will be Monday to Friday from noon to 4:00 pm and one hour prior to all performances.