Protect the Nest Weekly Update for Students – August 18, 2021
Posted Sep 10, 2021
This periodic update is intended to keep you informed of the latest developments from our Protect the Nest Team. Please visit www.otterbein.edu/covid19/ for additional general and student-related information. If you have questions or concerns, contact the COVID Hotline at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need to Know:
- A COVID-19 testing event open to the entire campus will be held on Friday, Aug. 27. Look for more information coming soon.
- A Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine clinic will be held from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 27, at the COVID-19 testing site at 172 W. Main Street. Register here: https://armorvax-app.azurewebsites.net/Home/Invitation?code=JLF-476
- The Protect the Nest Team will host a virtual mini-town hall at 3 p.m. on Sept. 9. Look for more information coming soon.
- All visitors to campus must perform a daily self-assessment before coming to campus. Download the self-assessment guide.
- All students, faculty, staff, and visitors are required to wear masks indoors in common spaces, including classrooms, the library, and residence halls. If you cannot wear a mask due to health reasons, students should email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and employees should email email@example.com. If a mask would create a safety hazard for employees, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Want to know more about the Delta variant of COVID-19? Our partners at OhioHealth have provided this resource.
Campus Vaccination Rates
We’ve been compiling the vaccination rates of students, faculty, and staff to determine how protected our community is against COVID-19. Of those who have responded, we are excited to share the following statistics, which are accurate as of Aug. 18, 2021:
- Faculty and staff: 93% of respondents are fully vaccinated.
- Students: 60% of respondents are fully vaccinated.
- Two groups of students have higher rates than average, including student-athletes with more than 70%, and residential students with more than 80%.
Tell Us Your Vaccination Status
If you have not yet shared your vaccination status with the University, we ask that you do so this week so we have the most accurate data for making informed decisions. STUDENTS, please email your vaccination status to email@example.com. If you are vaccinated, attach a photo or scan of your vaccination card. EMPLOYEES, please contact Human Resources Director Scott Fitzgerald at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your response will be kept strictly confidential.
Drawing for Vaccinated Students
All vaccinated students who have their full vaccination by Sept. 1 and have reported their status with a photo of their vaccine card to email@example.com will be automatically entered into a drawing for the following prizes:
- Tuition for Spring Semester 2022 (undergraduate or graduate) – Two awards for spring semester tuition up to 18 undergraduate credit hours or six graduate credit hours will be given. Employees and tuition exchange students are not eligible. This award replaces all other Otterbein institutional aid for the semester.
- $250 Otterbein statement credit – Four students will be awarded a $250 credit toward their Otterbein statement.
This drawing will include any students who are vaccinated at the on-campus vaccine event on Aug. 13.
Otterbein’s COVID-19 protocols are developed in consultation with Franklin County Public Health and OhioHealth (Otterbein’s campus healthcare provider) and adhere to the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Ohio Department of Health. Otterbein’s protocols are subject to change based on new guidance issued by these agencies.