Student Accounts Office

Location: Business Office, 25 W. Home St.
Hours: Monday – Friday (8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
Mail:  Otterbein University Business Office
1 South Grove Street
Westerville, OH 43081

The Student Accounts Office is your one-stop shop for a variety of student financial needs, such as paying your tuition fees, setting up payment plans, getting information about you student account, and much more.

About ePay

ePay, Otterbein’s bill payment system, gives you and your parents 24/7 access to pay your bill online, view your student account and payment history, receive e-refunds, and manage your payment plan.

  • Easy – Gain immediate access to your current bill, your current account balance, and unbilled student activity. You are only a couple clicks away from viewing your bill and making a payment. And it’s easy to give your parents (or others) access too.
  • Secure – Pay online using a credit card or electronic check knowing your information is secured using industry standard protection.
  • Convenient – Want to know when a new statement is available? Check your email. Want to make a payment during a study break at the library? No problem. Access your student bill through a web browser anywhere, anytime.
  • Fast – Scrambling to meet payment deadlines is a thing of the past. Payments made through our e-Pay system will update your student account in real-time.

For more information, see our student billing and payments FAQ page. If you have questions or need help, contact the Student Accounts Office ( | 614-823-1150).


ePay How to...

I’m an Otterbein student. How do I log into ePay?

There are two methods to log into ePay:

  • If you know your Otterbein Pin number:
    • Click here
    • Fill in your Otterbein ID # and pin #.
    • Click the green “login” button
  • If you don’t know your Otterbein Pin number:
    You can contact the Registrar’s Office at 614-823-1351 to have your pin reset. Once your ePay pin has been retrieved, follow the steps below to log into ePay:
    • Click here
    • Fill in your Otterbein ID # and pin #.
    • Click the green “login” button

I’m the parent or “authorized user” of a student. How do I log in?

Click here and login using the email and password that your student set up for you. (Your student must set you up as an “authorized user” on his/her ePay account first.)

I’m a student. How do I create an “authorized user” so my parents can access my eBill and make payments on my student account?

  • Log into ePay.
  • Click on the Authorized Users tab at the top.
  • Fill in the email address of the person you wish to give access to your student account and answer the questions about access. You can give access to just the billing statements, just the account history or both. (Payments can be made from both the account history and the billing statements.)
  • Click Continue.
  • Click I Agree to the Authorization Agreement. (This can be printed for your records.)
  • Click Continue.
  • The authorized user will receive an email at the email address provided that includes a link to activate the account.

How do I change my authorized user’s email address or take away access to my account?

  • Click on the Authorized Users tab.
  • On the right side under “action”, you can edit or delete the Authorized User’s information entirely. Authorized users do NOT have access to a student’s grades, registration, or housing information.

How many authorized users can I have?

There is no limit. Authorized users can be parents, grandparents, relatives, guardians, spouses, friends, employers, and third-party sponsors like Veterans Administration counselors, etc. You control the level of access your authorized users have. You can add, change, or delete your authorized users at any time.

How do I make a payment on my account?

  • Log into ePay.
  • Click the Make a Payment button.
  • You can pay the “Current Account Balance”, the “Amount Due”, or the “Future Due” by clicking on the correct button. If you wish to pay an amount not shown in the boxes, change the amount in the “Amount Due” box to the amount of your payment. You can pre-pay for future terms by putting the amount that you wish to pay for future charges in that box. If you wish to pay for a specific item, like a library fine, you can add a description in the “Memo” box.
  • Click Continue.
  • Select payment method. (Visa, MasterCard, Discover and electronic checks)
  • Fill in payment method information. To save this information for future payments, click button in “Option to Save” and name this payment method for future reference.
  • Click Continue.
  • A confirmation page with the payment details will appear after the payment is processed and a confirmation email is sent to the student and the authorized user. If a receipt is needed, click Print Receipt. The student’s Banner student account is updated immediately, although any holds on the student account may not be removed until the next business day. If the hold needs to be lifted sooner, you can call the Cashier’s Office at 614-823-1150, Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.

How do I view my student account activity in ePay?

  • Log into ePay.
  • Click on View Account Activity.
  • Select the term. Note: Any Authorized* financial aid will deduct from the balance due at the lower right corner.

*Authorized = aid that is complete, processed and is awaiting disbursement by the Financial Aid Office. Aid that has not been completely processed will not automatically deducted from the balance due.

I received an email that a new eBill is available. How do I view it?

  • Log into ePay.
  • Click on the eBill tab at the top, or click on “new bill”. (This message appears whenever a new billing statement is available.)
  • Select the new statement date from the drop down menu, or to review prior statements, pick the statement you wish to view. Click Go.
  • If you wish to print the statement, press the Control key at the same time as the “P”.

How do I set up a payment plan online?

  • Log into ePay.
  • Click on the Payment Plans tab at the top.
  • Click Enroll Now.
  • Select payment plan from the drop down menu.
  • Select the term.
  • Read the payment plan descriptions and select the appropriate plan.
  • Review the details of the selected payment plan, then click Continue.
  • Click Display Payment Schedule to review the payment due dates and amounts and the “Amount Now Due”.
  • If you would like to set up automatic scheduled payments from your credit card or checking account, click the Yes block at the bottom.
  • Click Continue.
  • Select your payment method, fill in the appropriate information, and if you wish to save the payment method for future use, click Save payment method, giving it a name that you will easily remember.
  • You can print the payment plan agreement and the receipt for your payment for your records. An email confirmation will also be sent to your email address.
  • You will be sent a payment reminder by email 5 days before your next payment (or your next scheduled payment is due).

Can my refund be deposited in my checking or savings account? How do I set that up?

  • Log into ePay.
  • Click on the eRefunds tab at the top.
  • Click on Set up Account.
  • Fill in the information requested in the form.
  • You will receive a confirmation email.
  • When a refund has been deposited into your designated account, you will receive an email alerting you.

 Additional Questions

Call the Office of Accounts Receivable at (614) 823-1150 (M-F, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm), or send an email to

Pay Enrollment Fee

Now that you have finalized your decision to attend

Check Traditional Student Enrollment Fee

Tuition, Fee Schedules & Payments

Fee Schedule

Fee Payment

Fees and charges are payable prior to the first day of each term (See Academic Calendar for payment due dates). Students can make payments via cash, check, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) from the online payment system ePay. Parents who wish to be able to pay their student’s tuition online should have their student set them up as an authorized user on the ePay system.

At the time a student formally registers for classes, either by signing and submitting the appropriate registration forms to the Registrar’s Office, or by registering online, the student agrees to:

  • Assume financial responsibility for any charges and/or fees as posted to his/her student account.
  • Abide by the official college policies regarding withdrawal from the University.
  • Assume the responsibility for understanding the University’s official policy concerning schedule changes and satisfactory academic progress which may result in additional charges or the loss of eligibility for certain types of financial aid. It is considered the student’s responsibility to understand how these changes can affect his/her financial situation with regard to financial aid eligibility.

Late Payments

Please note the following policies regarding late payments and delinquent accounts:

  • All accounts not paid in full by the due date for each term are subject to a late payment fee of $35 in addition to monthly interest at a rate of 1.5% per month. Loan funds or any other sources of financial aid not received by the first day of each term are subject to late charges and interest. Therefore, all loans should be applied for prior to July 1 to help ensure timely receipt.
  • All accounts must be paid in full in order for students to enroll in succeeding terms or to receive copies of certificates, diplomas, and transcripts.
  • Otterbein reserves the right to recover all fees involved with the collection and/or litigation of delinquent accounts.
  • If an account must be sent to collection or litigation due to nonpayment of the outstanding balance, the University reserves the right to demand payment in full of subsequent terms of enrollment, prior to the beginning of each term to ensure enrollment.
  • Otterbein University is a non-profit institution of higher learning. As such, student receivable accounts are considered to be educational loans offered for the sole purpose of financing an education and are not dischargeable in bankruptcy proceedings.
  • The University reserves the right to cancel the registration of any student if his/her current term charges remain unpaid by the term’s due date, or if a balance due from a previous term remains unpaid at the start of a subsequent term.
  • The University reserves the right to demand payment in the forms of a certified check, money order, cash, or credit cards in the event that one or more checks have been returned unpaid for any reason.

Payment Options

We understand that meeting the expense of a college education is one of the larger investments made by most families. See Payment Options for information on our payment plans.

Tuition Insurance

Do you need tuition insurance?

What happens when your education is disrupted by an unexpected injury or illness? Depending on the timing of the withdrawal, you may not be eligible to receive a refund for all of your tuition and fees. GradGuard Tuition Insurance can help students and parents avoid a financial loss due to an unexpected medical withdrawal from school.

  • GradGuard can reimburse up to 100% of the student’s investment, including other school-invoiced fees.
  • Covered withdrawals can take place any time during the covered term
  • GradGuard offers members special access to an Assistance Hotline to help students and their families take care of emergencies and unexpected issues

What does tuition insurance protect?

GradGuard Tuition Insurance can reimburse tuition, room, board, and other eligible fees if a student withdraws at any time during the covered term due to a covered reason such as:

  • Covered Serious Injury or Illness such as mononucleosis, a severe head injury or COVID-19
  • Chronic Illness such as diabetes or an auto-immune disorder
  • Mental Health Conditions like depression, anxiety, suicide/attempted suicide

Tuition insurance must be purchased before the first day of classes through ePay at and is offered as a voluntary benefit to our families, your participation is not required but highly recommended. The school is not compensated for this program. Learn more by calling GradGuard at 877-794-6603 or visiting GradGuard’s website.

Refund Policies

Policies Regarding Withdrawal

  • To be entitled to a refund, you must OFFICIALLY WITHDRAW from your class or classes by contacting the Office of the Registrar. See this page for the steps you will need to take.
  • The actual withdrawal is the date this is accomplished. Non-attendance and/or non-payment of fees does NOT constitute official withdrawal. Application fees, laboratory fees, applied music fees and other similar charges are not refundable.
  • All financial aid recipients who receive a refund as a result of withdrawal may be subject to a Title IV refund calculation. The allocation of funds must follow those outlined by federal regulations. Anyone who has received a federal Stafford or Perkins Loan must complete an exit interview in the Financial Aid Office.
  • Adjustments to full-time charges are made only during the add/drop period if a student adjusts his/her schedule. No adjustments to full-time charges are made after the add/drop period unless a student withdraws from the University entirely.
  • If a student withdraws or is expelled from Otterbein University, then the school or the student may be required to return some of the federal funds awarded to the student.
  • Otterbein’s Refund Policy exists for calculating the refund of institutional charges and assistance. Students who withdraw from the University will receive a pro-rated refund of educational and room/board fees due or paid, according to the refund schedule.

Refund Schedules

Refund schedules have been established for those students who withdraw from the University. Application fees, laboratory fees, enrollment fee, applied music fees, and other similar charges are not refundable. For specific refund schedule dates, see the schedules below:

Wisconsin Refund and Withdrawal Information

This section applies to students enrolled in Otterbein distance or online programs as residents of the state of Wisconsin.

Refund Schedule
In accordance with Chapter 8 of the Wisconsin Administrative Code, refunds during 2015-2016 are available on the schedule here.

When fees exceed $100 in a given term, the Wisconsin student will be eligible for a refund of any amount above $100 at the same percentage as tuition is reimbursed for the term.

Withdrawal from Otterbein
A Wisconsin student is considered withdrawn from a course when the student stops attending and/or participating in the online course.  The date of withdrawal will be the day after the student’s last day of attendance and/or participation in the course.

Although Wisconsin Administrative Code allows students to withdraw from courses by simply no longer attending and/or participating, Wisconsin students are encouraged to show consideration to the University by informing their course instructor, advisor, and/or the Director of the DNP program of their intentions to withdraw.  Students are additionally encouraged to withdraw from the course through Banner.

Get your refund via direct deposit

Otterbein University offers a great service that gives you the opportunity to have your credit balance deposited directly into your bank account. Sign up today! Log into ePay, select your “Refund” tab across the top gray border, and enroll now. Authorized Users do not have access to the “Refund” tab.

  • Quick – You will have access to funds sooner. No more waiting for the mail.
  • Secure – Direct deposit is added protection against theft or time delays from lost or stolen checks.
  • Convenient – Otterbein University will deposit your refund directly into your bank account, then send notification of the deposit to you via e-mail so that you know when the money has been disbursed.
  • Confidential – We maintain the strictest confidentiality regarding your bank account. We will access your account only to deposit money or correct erroneous deposits.

Questions? Contact Us!
Business Office, Otterbein University, 1 South Grove St., Westerville, Ohio 43081
Phone: 614-823-1150

Credit Card Convenience Fee

Although the cost associated with credit card processing grows each year, Otterbein wants to continue to offer the option of paying by credit card. However, the University cannot continue to absorb these costs.

Therefore, Otterbein has contracted with TouchNet PayPath, a third-party company, to provide credit card processing services for student accounts. Through this new service, a 2.95% convenience fee (minimum $3.00 charge) will be charged to cover the credit card transaction costs assessed by credit card companies. We are working hard to contain our expenses in order to keep the cost of attending Otterbein affordable for everyone.

To allow students and families an opportunity to prepare for the change, the credit card convenience fee will begin January 15, 2016. Please note that the convenience fee only applies to student account payments made via credit or debit card. Additional services, such as the bookstore, coffee shop, and Marketplace, are not included.

Below are our list of Frequently Asked Questions for more information. You may also contact Business Services at 614-823-1151.

Why is Otterbein charging a fee for the use of my credit card?
Due to increasing costs to process credit card transactions, Otterbein has contracted with a third-party company, Touchnet PayPath, to provide credit card processing services for student accounts. By contracting with PayPath, Otterbein can receive the full amount of the payment without being charged for the processing fees. The fee is charged by the third-party processor, not Otterbein.

Why is the convenience fee 2.95%? How was this percentage established?
The third-party credit card processor, Touchnet PayPath, established the 2.95% rate to cover the credit card transaction fees assessed by credit card companies.

Is Otterbein unique in charging a convenience fee?
No, most Ohio colleges and universities charge a similar fee.

Is there any way I can avoid paying a convenience fee?
You can avoid paying the 2.95% convenience fee by paying online with an e-check through your checking or savings account. This payment can be made over the Internet through the Otterbein ePay system. To avoid the convenience fee, choose the “electronic check” option.

You also can avoid the convenience fee by delivering a check to the Accounts Receivable office, located at 25 W. Home Street, or by mailing a check to the address below. Always include your campus ID number on the check.

Thank you for your feedback as we work to improve communication with students and their families.

Otterbein University
Business Services
attn.: Accounts Receivable
1 S. Grove Street
Westerville, OH 43081

Can I make a credit card payment online?
Yes. Students can pay via credit card online through the Otterbein ePay system. However, the 2.95% credit card convenience fee (minimum $3.00 charge) will be applied.

Can someone else make a credit card payment over the Internet on my tuition account?
Yes. Another user may make an online payment on behalf of the student, but only if the student has set the individual up as an authorized user via the Otterbein ePay system.

Can I make a credit card payment over the phone?
No. Credit card payments cannot be made over the phone or through the mail. This security measure ensures the confidentiality of your payment information.

May I pay in person using a credit card?
Credit card payments may be made at a kiosk in the Accounts Receivable office, located in the Business Services building at 25 W. Home Street. This kiosk will access the Otterbein ePay system. Note that the convenience fee will still be applied to any payments made by credit card.

I often receive checks from my credit card company. Can I use the routing number and account number of these checks to make an electronic check (e-check) payment?
No. Credit card companies will not honor checks used electronically. The payment will be returned as “account not found.” You may use these checks through the mail or in person only. Mail payments to the address below. Always include your campus ID number on the check.

Otterbein University
Business Services
attn.: Accounts Receivable
1 S. Grove Street
Westerville, OH 43081

If I make a credit card payment in error, will my convenience fee be refunded?
No. The convenience fee is not refundable, even if the payment to which it relates is canceled, refunded, credited or charged back.

If I use my debit card to pay my student account charges, will I be charged the convenience fee?
Yes. If you use your debit card to pay your student account charges, you will be charged the 2.95% convenience fee. For checking or savings account debits, please use the e-check option to avoid paying the convenience fee.

Will the convenience fee that I am charged be included on my semester eBill?
No. The convenience fee is assessed by a third-party company, Touchnet PayPath, in addition to the payment. The convenience fee will not appear on your student account or on your eBill statement.

How will the convenience fee charge appear on my credit card statement?
Two separate transactions will be listed on your credit card statement: one transaction for the student account payment, and one transaction for the convenience fee.

1098-T Information

1098-T Information

What is a 1098-T?
IRS Form 1098-T is a reporting tool in statement form issued to students and to the IRS during January of each year. It is to be used by federal tax filers to determine eligibility for tax credits.

What are these credits?
The credits are explained in IRS Publication 970, “Tax Benefits for Higher Education“. For information on filing for the credits, please see: IRS Form 8863, “Education Credits“. Instructions for completing this form are included.

I received a 1098-T from Otterbein; does that mean I am eligible for the credit? 
Not necessarily. Receipt of a 1098-T does not mean that you are eligible for the credit. There are many restrictions associated with the tax credits. You should review IRS forms, instructions and publications for guidance and consult your tax advisor.

I did not receive a 1098-T; why not?
Certain students do not receive 1098-T forms. In accordance with IRS regulations, Otterbein has elected not to issue you a 1098-T if your scholarships and grants equal or exceed your tuition and related charges, if you are a non-resident alien, or if you are not enrolled for credit during the reporting period.

Where was my 1098-T sent?
Your 1098-T form was sent to your permanent address.

Where can I view my 1098T online?
To find your 1098T, use this link: Click here to search for your tax form.
Begin typing school name in field (Double Click on Otterbein University)
Enter Students First and Last Name, Social Security Number, and Zip Code
Checkmark “I am not a robot”, Continue
Select 1098-T Statement; Status: Delivered “+”
Select “View / Print Statement” to the far right of year in which you wish to print
Right Click – Print  (You must turn off your pop-up blocker to view and print the tax form.)

Where can I find more information from the IRS about 1098T’s?
For more information please visit

If you have further questions pertaining to your 1098T, email