Find YOUR element at Otterbein!
Department of Chemistry
How will Otterbein University help you “find your own element”? Starting with your very first class, you will work directly with faculty in small-sized courses. You will be encouraged to begin research projects early in your academic career at Otterbein, which may lead to publication or presentation at scientific meetings. For example, our students regularly attend the National Meeting of the American Chemical Society, held in such locations as San Francisco, New Orleans, and Salt Lake City. These accomplishments are rare for undergraduate students and help set the Otterbein Department of Chemistry apart from other schools, leading to excellent post-graduate opportunities for Otterbein students.
Why study Chemistry at Otterbein University?
- You will learn from professors, not teaching assistants, in both lectures and labs.
- Our chemistry faculty are nationally renowned for the research they have done and the resources they have created.
- You can work on research with real-world implications from your first semester on campus.
- Our flexible curriculum leaves room for international experiences, such as a study abroad or a faculty-led travel course.
- You will supplement your chemistry coursework with core liberal arts skills in writing and speaking.
- Our location provides local internship opportunities with chemical companies that will help prepare you for a successful career in chemistry.
Otterbein has it all – excellent facilities, research opportunities, small class sizes and knowledgeable faculty dedicated to helping every student achieve their goals.