Otterbein University Accreditation
Otterbein University holds regional accreditation from The Higher Learning Commission, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604 (800-621-7440).
Otterbein University is authorized to offer Baccalaureate, Master’s and the Doctorate of Nursing Practice degrees by the Ohio Department of Higher Education, 25 South Front Street, Columbus, OH 43215 (614-466-6000; ohiohighered.org).
Otterbein University holds disciplinary accreditation and approval through:
- The American Society for Biochemistry & Molecular Biology.
- The American Chemical Society.
- The Commission on the Accreditation of Athletic Training Education Programs.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- The Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs.
- The National Association of Schools of Music.
- The National Association of Schools of Theatre.
- The National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (The Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation), and affiliated specialized professional associations, including:
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)
- Association for Middle Level Education (AMLE)
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
- International Reading Association (IRA)
- National Association for the Education for Young Children (NAEYC)
- National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS)
- National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE)
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
- National Science Teachers Association (NSTA)
- The National Strength and Conditioning Education Recognition Program
- The Ohio Board of Nursing
Additionally, Otterbein University belongs to the:
- American Association of College for Teacher Education (AACTE)
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)
- American Council on Education
- Association of American Colleges and Universities
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Ohio
- Council of Graduate Schools
- Council for Higher Education Accreditation
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Council on Undergraduate Research
- Ohio Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- Ohio Foundation of Independent Colleges
- Ohio Association of Private Colleges for Teacher Education
- Midwest Association of Graduate Schools
Otterbein University is also approved by the University Senate of the United Methodist Church.