Protect the Nest Weekly Update for Students – December 1, 2021
Posted Dec 02, 2021
This periodic update is intended to keep you informed of the latest developments from our Protect the Nest Team. Please visit www.otterbein.edu/covid19/ for additional general and student-related information. If you have questions or concerns, contact the COVID Hotline at email@example.com.
Have a Safe and Healthy Winter Break!
Thanks to all of you, we have had a great semester! We’ve had a low number of COVID cases on campus this semester thanks to all of you making smart choices. And now we get to enjoy a well-deserved winter break.
As you go home to spend time with family and friends, keep in mind that flu season is here and COVID-19 numbers are trending upward. Please continue to take precautions to avoid getting sick or bringing illnesses back to campus.
- Get vaccinated. Get your COVID and flu vaccines this year to keep you, your family, and your friends safe from these communicable viruses.
- Wear a mask. When visiting with family and friends, take the precaution of wearing a mask to protect those who are not vaccinated or who are immunocompromised.
- Practice social distancing when possible. Stay at least 6 feet apart from others that do not live in your home.
- Keep it clean. Wash your hands and clean and disinfect shared spaces.
- If you feel sick, stay home and isolate from others.
Otterbein’s COVID-19 protocols are developed in consultation with Franklin County Public Health and OhioHealth (Otterbein’s campus healthcare provider) and adhere to the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Ohio Department of Health. Otterbein’s protocols are subject to change based on new guidance issued by these agencies.