Protect the Nest Weekly Update for Students – February 5, 2021
Posted Feb 05, 2021
This update is intended to keep you informed of the latest developments from our Protect the Nest Team. Please visit www.otterbein.edu/covid19/ for additional general and student-related information. If you have questions or concerns, contact the COVID Hotline at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you think you have COVID-19 symptoms, contact the COVID Hotline at 614-823-1586 or email@example.com and let our Student Affairs staff and OhioHealth representative advise you on your next steps.
- If you are asymptomatic but would like to have a COVID-19 test, you can request to be added to the weekly asymptomatic pool. Just contact the COVID Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Furniture in classrooms cannot be moved in order to maintain COVID-19 safety measures and capacity. If you find that the furniture in a classroom has been moved, please contact Tara Chinn at email@example.com.
Dining Hall has Reopened
The Cardinals Nest dining hall has returned to full service with limited seating available.
Following more than 10 months without competition due to the pandemic, Otterbein Athletics has returned to varsity competition! Starting their seasons are both basketball teams, both track and field teams, and the wrestling program. Other sports will begin their seasons in the coming weeks. Student athletes are being tested regularly in compliance with the NCAA guidelines. All contests will be held within the Ohio Athletic Conference (OAC), meaning Otterbein is only competing against the other nine institutions across the league. Fans can watch livestreams of Cardinals match-ups here. Visit otterbeincardinals.com and all the social media outlets (@otterbeinsports) for updated schedules and continued coverage during this very fluid time.
Classroom and Campus Space Reservations
If you would like to use a campus space for a meeting, gathering, or other purpose, you are required to reserve the room through the Office of Events and Conferences. The office will review requests and go over the mandatory COVID-19 procedures if your request is approved.
Study Spaces on Campus
If you are looking for a space to study or take a break between, we’ve compiled a list of computer labs and campus spaces students can safely use:
Check Computer Lab Availability (O-Zone, login required)
- Outdoor areas.
- Campus Center: Lounge.
- The Point: Various locations.
- Towers Hall: Commuter lounge.
- Roush Hall: Fisher Gallery first and second floors.
- Library: Various location.
- Battelle Fine Arts Center: Lounge
- Science Center: Lobby, second floor lounge.
- Art and Communication Building: Lounge in the northwest corner (adjacent to radio broadcast booth).