Protect the Nest Weekly Update for Students – November 3, 2021
Posted Nov 03, 2021
This periodic update is intended to keep you informed of the latest developments from our Protect the Nest Team. Please visit www.otterbein.edu/covid19/ for additional general and student-related information. If you have questions or concerns, contact the COVID Hotline at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need to Know:
- One more Johnson & Johnson vaccine clinic will be scheduled for the entire campus community (students and employees) in mid-November. Details will be coming soon.
- Students can get tested for COVID-19 on campus. To do so, contact the COVID Hotline at email@example.com to request an appointment. The testing center DOES NOT allow unscheduled drop-in appointments.
- Masks are required in all indoor common areas, including the dining hall. Masks can be removed to eat or drink but must be worn at all other times in the dining hall.
- Where to get the flu shot: Students can get the flu shot at the Student Health Center by appointment (see hours below, available to students only). Employees can get the flu shot through their primary healthcare provider, pharmacies, or health clinics.
Testing for ALL Unvaccinated Individuals
All individuals who have not been vaccinated for COVID-19, including those with an approved exemption from the COVID-19 vaccine, must participate in the WEEKLY testing protocol. Unvaccinated individuals should have received an email at their campus email address with testing details and a link to sign up for a testing time. Students who fail to comply will be referred to judicial. Employees who fail to comply will be referred to Human Resources.
Failure to Comply with Vaccination Requirement
Students who are unvaccinated and do not have an exemption will be allowed to create a schedule for their spring semester classes (for planning purposes), but that schedule will be frozen after registration week, and those schedules will be dropped on Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2022, if students remain unvaccinated or do not have an approved exemption. To avoid this, students must submit a photo or scan of their vaccination card or request an exemption form at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If employees are still unvaccinated and do not have an exemption, their last day of employment is Jan. 7, 2022. To avoid this, employees must submit a photo or scan of their vaccination card here. To request an exemption form, employees must contact Scott Fitzgerald at email@example.com.
Student Health Center Hours
The Student Health Center is available to registered students for non-COVID healthcare needs, including flu shots, during the following hours:
Mondays and Wednesdays
- 8-11 a.m.: Provider appointments available.
- 11 a.m.-4 p.m.: Call-in hours only.
Tuesdays and Thursdays
- 8-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.: Provider appointments available.
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m. and 3-4 p.m.: Call-in hours only.
The Health Center is located at 78 W. Home St. (east of Campus Center) and can be reached at 614-823-1345. The Health Center is closed on breaks and holidays.
Otterbein’s COVID-19 protocols are developed in consultation with Franklin County Public Health and OhioHealth (Otterbein’s campus healthcare provider) and adhere to the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Ohio Department of Health. Otterbein’s protocols are subject to change based on new guidance issued by these agencies.