Protect the Nest Weekly Update for Students – October 13, 2021
Posted Oct 13, 2021
This periodic update is intended to keep you informed of the latest developments from our Protect the Nest Team. Please visit www.otterbein.edu/covid19/ for additional general and student-related information. If you have questions or concerns, contact the COVID Hotline at email@example.com.
On-Campus Vaccine Clinic THIS FRIDAY
A Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine clinic will be held from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 15, at The Point, room 145. Register here: https://armorvax-app.azurewebsites.net/Home/Invitation?code=DHL-7LX
Need to Know:
- Students can get tested for COVID-19 on campus. To do so, contact the COVID Hotline at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment. The testing center DOES NOT allow unscheduled drop-in appointments.
- Employees: A flu shot clinic will be held on campus on Oct. 22. Details and registration information are coming soon from Human Resources.
Student Health Center Hours
The Student Health Center is available for non-COVID healthcare needs, including flu shots, during the following hours:
Mondays and Wednesdays
- 8-11 a.m.: Provider appointments available.
- 11 a.m.-4 p.m.: Call-in hours only.
Tuesdays and Thursdays
- 8-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.: Provider appointments available.
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m. and 3-4 p.m.: Call-in hours only.
The Health Center is located at 78 W. Home St. (east of Campus Center) and can be reached at 614-823-1345. The Health Center is closed on breaks and holidays.
Important Vaccination Date: Oct. 29
Please be aware of the following dates to comply with the vaccine requirement:
- Students who have not provided verification of their vaccination (including those with an approved vaccine exemption) by Oct. 29 will be required to have a weekly on-campus COVID test beginning Nov. 1. Unvaccinated students who do not have an approved exemption will be allowed to create a schedule for their spring semester classes (for planning purposes), but that schedule will be frozen after registration week, and those schedules will be dropped on Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2022, if students remain unvaccinated or do not have an approved exemption. Students must submit a photo or scan of their vaccination card or request an exemption form at email@example.com.
- Employees must submit proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption by Oct. 29. Employees should submit a photo or scan of their vaccination card at https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/e05b7d6298cb49ca81a4b2a3d7701c66. To request an exemption form, employees must contact Scott Fitzgerald at firstname.lastname@example.org. All unvaccinated employees go into the weekly testing pool on Nov. 1. If employees are still unvaccinated and do not have an exemption, their last day of employment is Jan. 7, 2022.
Otterbein’s COVID-19 protocols are developed in consultation with Franklin County Public Health and OhioHealth (Otterbein’s campus healthcare provider) and adhere to the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Ohio Department of Health. Otterbein’s protocols are subject to change based on new guidance issued by these agencies.