Protect the Nest Weekly Update for Students – October 6, 2021
Posted Oct 06, 2021
This periodic update is intended to keep you informed of the latest developments from our Protect the Nest Team. Please visit www.otterbein.edu/covid19/ for additional general and student-related information. If you have questions or concerns, contact the COVID Hotline at email@example.com.
Need to Know:
- Employees: If you think you are symptomatic for COVID, call your primary healthcare provider. If you test positive, contact Human Resources. The COVID Hotline only tracks students
- Students can get tested for COVID-19 on campus. To do so, contact the COVID Hotline at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment. The testing center DOES NOT allow unscheduled drop-in appointments.
- Otterbein’s on-campus flu vaccine program this year will be limited. If you would like to get your flu shot right away, you should contact pharmacies or your doctor to make an appointment.
Fall break is next week, Oct. 11-12. Please continue to follow COVID protocols even while you are off campus to keep our Cardinal Community safe!
Next On-Campus Vaccine Clinic
NOTE: Due to an issue with the previous link, a new link has been provided for the Vaccine Clinic. If you have registered, please register again. Click on The Point; do not enter city or state.
A Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine clinic will be held from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 15, at The Point, room 145. Register here: https://armorvax-app.azurewebsites.net/Home/Invitation?code=DHL-7LX
Important Vaccination Date: Oct. 29
Please be aware of the following dates to comply with the vaccine requirement:
- Students who have not provided verification of their vaccination (including those with an approved vaccine exemption) by Oct. 29 will be required to have a weekly on-campus COVID test beginning Nov. 1.
Unvaccinated students who do not have an approved exemption will be allowed to create a schedule for their spring semester classes (for planning purposes), but that schedule will be frozen after registration week, and those schedules will be dropped on Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2022, if students remain unvaccinated or do not have an approved exemption.
Students must submit a photo or scan of their vaccination card or request an exemption form at email@example.com.
- Employees must submit proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption by Oct. 29. Employees should submit a photo or scan of their vaccination card at https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/e05b7d6298cb49ca81a4b2a3d7701c66. To request an exemption form, employees must contact Scott Fitzgerald at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All unvaccinated employees go into the weekly testing pool on Nov. 1. If employees are still unvaccinated and do not have an exemption, their last day of employment is Jan. 7, 2022.
Otterbein’s COVID-19 protocols are developed in consultation with Franklin County Public Health and OhioHealth (Otterbein’s campus healthcare provider) and adhere to the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Ohio Department of Health. Otterbein’s protocols are subject to change based on new guidance issued by these agencies.